Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Payroll package

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Yes, pretty much instant - in most cases
    However, there have been instances when the Revenue server goes down or submissions are stuck at 'Pending'

Last December, for instance, a large employer submitted a large quantity of deletes that slowed everything down considerably. Again on 22 Jan 2020 there were reports of delays.

(In Cloudpay you know the submission has gone through when the 'Revenue' figures match the Cloudpay figures in the submission screen summary tab.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Stratvs wrote: »
    Once you upload from a package it should be pretty much instant. Load payroll, log into ROS and it is there.
    My payroll sends the PSR up and I get an acknowledgement within the payroll within usually 10 seconds that it has been received.

Thanks, yes its there, so how do I pay the taxes due to Revenue?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Thanks, yes its there, so how do I pay the taxes due to Revenue?

You can set up a variable DD in ROS and then they take the actual amount due for any month on the 23rd of the following month. This is the handiest I feel as once set up you don't need to remember it.

Alternatively you can go in each month and once the liability is accepted you can do a payment via RDI. But you'll have to remember to do that each month.

Stratvs wrote: »
    You can set up a variable DD in ROS and then they take the actual amount due for any month on the 23rd of the following month. This is the handiest I feel as once set up you don't need to remember it.

Alternatively you can go in each month and once the liability is accepted you can do a payment via RDI. But you'll have to remember to do that each month.

Just think doing it manually might be better as you don't think you have more money in the account :) ... the VAT hit came today for Dec Jan
    Can it be paid in advance of the due date as well?

Thanks, now trying to figure out how to upload the SEPA file to BOI.
    Just as well its my wages....

Can it be paid in advance of the due date as well?

After the 5th of the month the statement for the previous month will be on ROS. If you are in agreement with it you can accept it and then go to payment. The default will be 23rd of month but you can replace that with date of your choice up to the 23rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Thanks, now trying to figure out how to upload the SEPA file to BOI.
    Just as well its my wages....

If you are transferring only one payment, it might be easier to do a standard bank transfer rather than a SEPA file. As far as I'm aware, banks can charge a fair amount for SEPA transfers.

If you are transferring only one payment, it might be easier to do a standard bank transfer rather than a SEPA file. As far as I'm aware, banks can charge a fair amount for SEPA transfers.

Agreed

So I decided to pay the tax for Jan payroll yesterday in ROS.
    I have an RDI set up for PAYE-EMP which I presume is the correct tax code, so will it be paid automatically if I take no action within ROS?

So I decided to pay the tax for Jan payroll yesterday in ROS.
    I have an RDI set up for PAYE-EMP which I presume is the correct tax code, so will it be paid automatically if I take no action within ROS?

If you're paying by RDI then when you go to the monthly statement for January you need to accept it & select your RDI as the payment method. It will then default to 23/02/2020 as the payment date. Just as if you were doing any other RDI payment like VAT etc.

If you want to go more hands off then you set up a variable DD for PAYE/PRSI. Then provided the monthly statement agrees with your submissions you can do nothing, the statement will go deemed accepted after the 14th of the month ( or you can manually accept it ) and they will take the amount by dd on 23rd of the month. I find this handy as you can largely forget about it once you check the statement is correct.

RDI payment always requires taxpayer input for them to take it.
    Var DD and they take it automatically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement