Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA U.L Guidance Counselling & Lifespan Development

Options
  • 11-11-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm looking for information on the above course. I'm a qualified teacher and have an interest in the area of career guidance. I'm not necessarily looking to branch into career guidance within the school setting. I'm more interested in career development as opposed to the counseling aspect of things. My plan is to continue to teach but to do career guidance in a private setting.

I'd be interested to know how much of the course is focused on each of the above areas? Obviously it's no harm to have an understanding of the counselling aspect of things but I don't want to do a course that is heavily weighted towards it as opposed to the area of career guidance.

Could anybody shed any light on what the course is like and if they're more suitable courses out there? Limerick is accessible to me which is another important point to consider. Perhaps the private market is over subscribed with career guidance but would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on it.

Advertisement