Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Camping

Options
  • 14-10-2019 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm planning to do some winter campaign in Britian and Ireland. Can you recommend some winter sleeping bags and one man tents?

I thought the military would be the best people to ask-

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Hi all

I'm planning to do some winter campaign in Britian and Ireland. Can you recommend some winter sleeping bags and one man tents?

Ta

I'd say you'll get a better response over here

Wild Camping Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 34 paulme

Hi all

Ta

I have a Snugpak Softie 9 Hawk sleeping bag that has always kept me very warm. I have camped in it all year round, though never in sub zero conditions. Movement is fairly limited inside it, but I think that's the case with most winter sleeping bags.

I have a vango blade 100 tent, which is very light weight and great in high wind, but to be honest I hardly ever use it. I've been using a hammock and tarp recently, which is something I recommend you look into. Check out the DD Frontline hammock.

Advertisement