Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch (the second thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nody wrote: »
    Overwatch 2 annonuced at Blizzcon, all current Overwatch 1 skins will carry over to Overwatch 2 and all Overwatch 1 players can play on the new maps against Overwatch 2 players. What OW2 will have vs. OW1 will be an extensive group and solo set of story PvE missions.

Yep so no need to buy the new game unless you want the PvE stuff it seems. Good move and have to complement them in not leaving all the skins/unlocks/achievements behind.

I was never to pushed about PvE stuff but will probably end up buying it, especially if there's a discounted upgrade price for Overwatch owners.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yep so no need to buy the new game unless you want the PvE stuff it seems. Good move and have to complement them in not leaving all the skins/unlocks/achievements behind.

I was never to pushed about PvE stuff but will probably end up buying it, especially if there's a discounted upgrade price for Overwatch owners.
    I got a feeling the new characters will also be locked to OW2 simply due to skins.

I got a feeling the new characters will also be locked to OW2 simply due to skins.

Didn't think of that actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The lore of the Overwatch universe never grabbed me. It all seems so wishy-washy and tacked on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,140 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So it's a glorified dlc then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So it's a glorified dlc then.
    Well DLC is on the small side; I'd say an PvE expansion as it's new mode, new maps, new skins and new characters were only the maps seems to be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The dude on stage gave the impression the new characters and PvP maps will be open to OW1 players as well most likely so Activision can sell more skins.

Venom wrote: »
    The dude on stage gave the impression the new characters and PvP maps will be open to OW1 players as well most likely so Activision can sell more skins.
    PvP maps and modes for sure; characters was not clear. I could see it go either way on them to be honest as it would be a great incentive to push people to the latest game ala Total War Warhammer series for example and also a question mark on the skill tree for example; will that carry over to PvP as well (i.e. changing up ultimates etc.)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Brigette and Reinhardt interlocking shields shown in the animated short looked interesting. That would be a real game changing feature to introduce character synergy like that.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Brigette and Reinhardt interlocking shields shown in the animated short looked interesting. That would be a real game changing feature to introduce character synergy like that.

It'll only be for the PvE content is my guess. Same as the way Tracer put her bomb on Mei's back pack. It all seemed to be showing the group working together and we know that's not how the PvP game works.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It'll only be for the PvE content is my guess. Same as the way Tracer put her bomb on Mei's back pack. It all seemed to be showing the group working together and we know that's not how the PvP game works.

BUT WHAT IF!!!

fixXxer wrote: »
    BUT WHAT IF!!!

The combo abilities would never be used in PvP because your Brig will be to busy charging into the enemy team trying to 1v6 them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

No interest in OW pve, it's a load of shyte at best of times so good news I guess that I don't have to buy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

A big win for those happy enough to stick with ow1 I would say, a wave of new maps and characters without spending a penny more

I'll prob buy it out of my sheer love for the game but I I'm not pushed on pve on any game inc overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, not gonna lie.
    This looks like what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

went back to this game after a long absence, did my placements. Went from 2688 to 2402 in placements despite winning 2/5 and getting blue dps card in 4/5 of the matches, seriously wtf. didn't think it was possible for that to even happen, usually sr is within 100 or so range?? Can anyone explain how I could lose almost 300 sr in that scenario

Homelander wrote: »
    went back to this game after a long absence, did my placements. Went from 2688 to 2402 in placements despite winning 2/5 and getting blue dps card in 4/5 of the matches, seriously wtf. didn't think it was possible for that to even happen, usually sr is within 100 or so range?? Can anyone explain how I could lose almost 300 sr in that scenario

Someone else can correct me but there was some jiggery pokery with SR when role queue came out. You'd GMs being placed in all sorts of strange ranks. I don't play comp since role lock. Just arcade QP these days.

Yeah someone just told me that in placement you can lose 50-75sr per loss, normal competitive is 20-30, but it seems a bit OTT to me. It's kinda killed my interest in the game again tbh. The losses I had weren't bad ones they were close games and I enjoyed them, but to be slammed down so much sr has just made me lose interest. i'm not quite sure at this point how the game calculates sr because for dps I won 3/5 and gained sr (4/5 gold damage medals but only 2 blue card i think), compared to winning 2/5 for support and loosing hundreds (4/5 blue card heals). I'm sure there is some sort of logic but can't really understand it.

I play lots of competitive games like apex, siege, cod, etc, and overwatch is the only game that I get this frustrated by, theres such an element of complete unique randomness to it that doesn't exist in other games

New update

So now when you're in lobby waiting for game you can choose to go practice range, skirmish, deathmatch or game browser

Nice touch

Shield meta is mostly gone praise jebus. Sigma can go suck one.

Been one tricking RH in comp for the lulz and the only good thing about role lock, the ONLY thing. You never have to play the same team again so you don't have tilty f*ckers from the last match either on your team throwing or on the other side being toxic.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying the new set up. Chokes now feel less like banging your head against a wall and more like a knife fight where one slip gets you a punctured kidney. The new Rein is great feeling on attack and Orisa seems to balance out with what a defensive main tank can be, putting herself in harms way to protect the team. Now if only there was a way to sort out the DPS Moira and Baptiste that seem to be everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody still playing Overwacth. Ony really started to give it a proper go and just love the look and style of Overwatch. Only lvl 20 at the moment and dont know if if good, bad or mediocre. Playing Pharah for damage, Zenyatte when healer and have not really touched tanking. Is there any end game/goal with Overwatch or is it just to keep leveling up?? Playin on PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Endgame would be competitive i suppose but its salty and toxic as fcuk.
    It id rather excellent when you play with a regular team.

Still playing :) on PS4, probably the last of my group that still gets any enjoyment out of it. Funny time to get into it, last time I played through a smurf account the first 25 levels were a wierd wasteland of other smurfs and forever bronze. The end goal? Find characters you like, and git gud. Oh and use LFG, its best played with a team communicating. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still a massive amount playing on PC.

I have gone back to it again lately actually on PC. When you get used to playing Comp it feels more like "real" Overwatch but Quick Play is just so relaxing in comparison I find myself playing that all the time.

Kinda wish I was more motivated to play more comp as I play so little it's hard to gauge what my "real" rank would eventually be. I'm hardstuck with DPS at high gold/low plat now but that suits me fine as that's kinda as good as I can be and I'm OK with that.

Support is my main role and I am 2600SR but I feel there's definitely room to climb there as I'm not outclassed at that level and even the losses are usually close run things..... I just don't ever feel like playing on my own and rarely get to play with friends.

Haven't bothered doing my tank placements as I never play tank even in QP and the last season I did, the SR gap between my tank and support was nearly 1,000SR. :eek:

I play Support always all the time but lately been enjoying playing Soldier 76 and Ashe, I would say 80% of the time I have the end-game card for damage done as well. I'm more of a spam-damage player though rather than picker as my aim and tracking aren't the best. But works well enough at high gold/low plat level.

I played for a while on PS4 because some friends were, but it's mad how different it feels to the PC version, I didn't really enjoy it.

Still play it every day 3 years since I bought it, at this stage I consider it a hobby in itself, gaming is for other games!

I play mostly comp with zero thought about my sr. If I have the baby with me I play arcade.

Cause of role queue I rarely get to play dps anymore, pretty much tank/heal 99% of the time. I also have my xbox set to private so I dont talk or receive messages etc. Too old to be listening to little ****s give me grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I still play the odd 2-3 games but as said, the wait to play DPS is atrocious still.

So a few quick games as Zarya/D.Va and I'm done for the night.

If anyone here is interested in playing with other people, send me a PM (PC). I play Overwatch a lot, and it's just such a team game. I don't mean that in the sense of having to win - more just playing with others is a lot of fun, win or lose.

I mostly play QP, though I'll happily play comp as well. Don't care much about SR anymore, it's just good to play with others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone tempted back into OW2 now thats its released??? Worth a spin if its free to play I suppose.

Advertisement