Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-03-2019, 10:50   #16
Ads by Google

Haven't been able to update as the mods on PC aren't compatible yet. Great game.. Managed to survive Moves Like Jagger on Expert last night for the first time, and girlfriend loving it as well.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 10:48   #17
Potential-Monke

A challenge for you folks. Play Overkill on E+ with No Fail on, and see what's in store for ye. Definitely the hardest song on BS at the moment, and it's not because there's a crazy amount of blocks to cut, nor that you'll be flicking your wrists more than a teen who just discovered self pleasure, but because the patterns are crazy. Try it and see what I mean. I'm challenging myself to being able to finish this without No Fail this weekend. Tall order, but I'll give it my best!
21-03-2019, 10:50   #18
SomeSayKos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
A challenge for you folks. Play Overkill on E+ with No Fail on, and see what's in store for ye. Definitely the hardest song on BS at the moment, and it's not because there's a crazy amount of blocks to cut, nor that you'll be flicking your wrists more than a teen who just discovered self pleasure, but because the patterns are crazy. Try it and see what I mean. I'm challenging myself to being able to finish this without No Fail this weekend. Tall order, but I'll give it my best!
I had a look and I actually giggled at how crazy it is.
In other news, I beat 3 more songs on E+ with no fail. the journey continues!
Thanks from:
21-03-2019, 11:09   #19
Graham_B18C

I've gotten pretty far into a couple of E+ levels but haven't managed to finish one without mods yet. I enjoy the expert levels for the minute, but I'll give overkill a go later

Managed to get 22 in expert in the last new song (can't remember the name of it). Was 3 blocks away from finishing it with faster song on too but missed a stupidly easy block. Still pretty happy with 22, I know it won't last very long up that high though
21-03-2019, 11:26   #20
Graham_B18C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
Haven't been able to update as the mods on PC aren't compatible yet. Great game.. Managed to survive Moves Like Jagger on Expert last night for the first time, and girlfriend loving it as well.
I'm bloody dying to have a go at the PC version! I find myself regularly checking how much it would cost to get a set up for an Oculus. Then I try snap myself out of it, far too much money for 1 game
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 12:25   #21
Ads by Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_B18C View Post
I'm bloody dying to have a go at the PC version! I find myself regularly checking how much it would cost to get a set up for an Oculus. Then I try snap myself out of it, far too much money for 1 game
Well apparently Beat Saber will be a main draw for the new Oculus Quest.. It's not an intensive game graphics-wise, so if they pull it off, it will be really big. It's as fun as gaming gets.

But the mods are PC. And the benefit of having those songs is really big. My girlfriend only plays songs she loves, and she's Expert now. Never played games except the Sims. We're up to all hours every night because of it.. She'll be coming home in a while (7pm here) and I reckon we'll be at it till 1. At the weekends, it's going to 5am.

Edit: As to a build, you'd be good with a 960 or 970 (I'm on a 980m and it's perfect). But don't build to that minimum with the motherboard. Keep it open to the next few years of VR development. There are already some great headsets that require serious machines to run them.

Last edited by Ads by Google; 21-03-2019 at 12:31.
Thanks from:
21-03-2019, 12:36   #22
mrcheez

The Rift S was announced yesterday. No sensors required, and only uses one USB port.

Wait for reviews obviously. The online community are a bit mixed about it at the moment, but it's still early days and hasn't officially been released.

But conceivably it might be a better option than a Rift, if only because you don't need the sensors.
21-03-2019, 12:49   #23
Ads by Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
The Rift S was announced yesterday. No sensors required, and only uses one USB port.

Wait for reviews obviously. The online community are a bit mixed about it at the moment, but it's still early days and hasn't officially been released.

But conceivably it might be a better option than a Rift, if only because you don't need the sensors.
Better for growing the community, for sure, but it's not an obvious upgrade for current headset users. I welcome their decision to use that tracking type. It's a big barrier that made me really try to work out if I could accommodate it. Turns out I could.

Many people talk about FOV etc. My biggest issue is with Oculus and Steam VR being a the technical nightmare to make it work right. "Baby, the sound isn't working on the TV." "Baby, how do I get the view back to normal?" etc. On PSVR and Dirt Rally, I could reset my view with one press of a button on the steering wheel. Easy. One button on the back of PC headsets that just does that one small thing would be amazing.

Edit: Since this is the Beat Saber thread, the Rift S could possibly be a downgrade in tracking if it doesn't use people's current sensors. My hands are frequently out of sight from the headset.

Last edited by Ads by Google; 21-03-2019 at 13:03.
21-03-2019, 13:37   #24
Graham_B18C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post

But the mods are PC. And the benefit of having those songs is really big. My girlfriend only plays songs she loves, and she's Expert now. Never played games except the Sims. We're up to all hours every night because of it.. She'll be coming home in a while (7pm here) and I reckon we'll be at it till 1. At the weekends, it's going to 5am.

My missus is exactly the same. She used to play Rollercoaster Tycoon years ago but nothing other than that really. She's finished all the original levels on expert, I think she's only finished 2 or 3 from the new bunch.

But how do you play for 6 hours?! If I play certain levels I'll have sweat dripping from my nose within 20 mins after an hour or so of playing flat out my arms start to fade. The first thing I notice when I'm getting tired is I struggle to switch from a single up or down stroke into a double sideways one. No idea why I find that movement harder
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 15:10   #25
mrcheez

Quote:
The first thing I notice when I'm getting tired is I struggle to switch from a single up or down stroke into a double sideways one. No idea why I find that movement harder
that's wot she said
(2) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 15:19   #26
Graham_B18C

I should prob stop calling them strokes!
21-03-2019, 17:22   #27
Ads by Google

Quote:
My missus is exactly the same. She used to play Rollercoaster Tycoon years ago but nothing other than that really. She's finished all the original levels on expert, I think she's only finished 2 or 3 from the new bunch.

But how do you play for 6 hours?! If I play certain levels I'll have sweat dripping from my nose within 20 mins after an hour or so of playing flat out my arms start to fade. The first thing I notice when I'm getting tired is I struggle to switch from a single up or down stroke into a double sideways one. No idea why I find that movement harder
Back and forth for a few songs at a time. We've both been very sore since we got it. I'm the sweaty one so we've ordered a leather faceguard or whatever it's called.

This is our current goal.. We can get finish but at least 20 missed hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZypCnR1r8

It's even worth watching for how fun the guy is.
(2) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 20:38   #28
mrcheez

Could quite possibly be the ultimate Beat Saber experience
23-03-2019, 10:53   #29
Potential-Monke

So Overkill... Sweet baby Jesus. I somehow managed to get a score above 540k (I think) but no matter how many times I tried it last night, couldn't get above 510k. But it's so fast and there's so much switching it's impossible to beat without No Fail. But I'm determined!
26-03-2019, 11:41   #30
Potential-Monke

I was wrong above, the score is 417k, but still don't know how I managed that. I've played Overkill a good bit over the weekend, and I can't get close to that score again... It's still impossible right now!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion