Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, I don't see anything interesting in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

5 years in development with multiple trailers and 2 in-game videos and I still have no idea what kind of game this is :confused:

What was exactly the point of Kojima flying half way across the world just to showcase and talk about the peeing mechanic in his game ?

I face-palmed when I heard someone clap in the audience when Norman Reedus character started urinating. I just...I cant! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Weird gameplay demo that they showed last night as all it really did was provide the Keighley cameo. I'm really into this game though in terms of its weird Kojima tone and sci-fi craziness but hopefully the forthcoming demo at Tokyo game show shows off what the gameplay actually is besides walking around. I'm optimistic there's a suckerpunch coming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard Kojima is hiding a spoiler where after the first hour set on a small research installation and surrounding area Norman Reedus takes off his mask and reveals he is Solid Snake and is voiced by Nicholas Cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I heard Kojima is hiding a spoiler where after the first hour set on a small research installation and surrounding area Norman Reedus takes off his mask and reveals he is Solid Snake and is voiced by Nicholas Cage.

I would buy the **** out of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All the inky monsters, weird babies and Hollywood names seem to be distraction from a gameplay loop of wandering aimlessly around what looks like Irish hillsides on an overcast day.

I reckon this will slaughtered in reviews. By that I mean everywhere will give it 8's instead of 9's and 10's.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

There must be more to the game play loop that what has been shown so far, Kojima has some out there ideas but he cant seriously have made a game where you just wonder about some hills with a baby.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

And what's wrong with a nice walking simulator? Doesn't matter what kind of game it is in the end. KojiPro made it, so it'll play great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rob2D wrote: »
    And what's wrong with a nice walking simulator? Doesn't matter what kind of game it is in the end. KojiPro made it, so it'll play great.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is proof he can make some utter garbage as well.

I'm willing to believe however he isn't showing everything with this games and anyway, sometimes just basic exploration can be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

5 years in development with multiple trailers and 2 in-game videos and I still have no idea what kind of game this is :confused:

Phantom Pain released 4 years ago & he had to split from Konami, form the new studio, choose the Decima engine and announced the game in 2016 so how do you deduce that its been 5 years??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

The more I see of this the more I think it's going to be an absolute train wreck. There's only so "out there" a game can get and Death Stranding is already well past that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Metal Gear Solid 4 is proof he can make some utter garbage as well.

I'm willing to believe however he isn't showing everything with this games and anyway, sometimes just basic exploration can be fun.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a great movie :pac:

Basic exploration can be fun in an interesting environment, from what the trailers show it just looks like a large sandbox with not much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I said, put the baby back in the pod..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

These empty environs remind me of the worst aspects of MSGV. Pretty at a glance but the lifelessness becomes pretty jarring in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a feeling we'll still be confused as **** tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1171739723783499776?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Almost 50 minute gameplay vid.

I still dont know if I am interested in this game or not. It looks both intriguing; the aspect of gearing up for an expedition, making sure to have gear for all eventualities, navigating the world and using ladders/ropes and pitons to scale cliffs....and terrible; huge open world, very pretty, but glaringly devoid of.....anything. Even the likes of Skyrim or BoTW will have something, a camp or a cave or a shrine within easy reach to always feel like the world is alive with possibilities, gameplay here sees to largely be a mix bag of fetch quests and I-cant-believe-its-not-Ubisoft-towers.

I will probably get this but with the more I see I think I'm going to be waiting for all the 2nd hand copies to show up in Gamestop/CEX in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

The combat actually looks good in that video but I'm not sure about that empty open world though. Who knows what the story is about, it just seems too strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

MGSV enviroment got boring after a while and this looks exactly the same. Boo Kojima!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kojima sniffing his own farts. Reedus' voice acting in the Briefing video above is absolutely dreadful.

I think this is going to be bomb hard.

• Advertisement

How I feel about Death Stranding in a nutshell...

puzzled-emoticon-shrugs-shoulders-expressing-260nw-551713738.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's looks awful and interesting at the same time. But not fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am thinking this is starting to look sh*te ....
    During the last couple of the years it looked more and more interesting as we were just getting little snippets here and there. Now that i'm seeing gameplay it really does remind me of the boring aspects of MGSV.

I'd be interesting to hear what reviews say about this.

I've a feeling this might have been better realised as a movie rather than a game. What I saw of the story intrigued me but as soon as I saw the gameplay thought ffs Kojima.

It really does look like the character controls and handles just like MGS in a lot of ways. This was a new project for him but he looks to have stuck to what was familiar.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Kojima's non-Metal Gear games I've enjoyed immensely. And I don't mind if this is a very exploration focused game as BotW has proved that exploring can be immensely enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Such an early embargo feels me with hope that Sony are at least super confident. God of War had a similar embargo.
    I feel the same way. A couple of journos have hinted that they are loving it so far.

Advertisement