Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Looking well Donnelly.

Its impossible to keep a car clean in this weather:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Looking well Donnelly.

Cheers! I know, hatchbacks seem to be dirt magnets too! A quick wash will do until the weather improves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

GvidoR wrote: »
    Excuse me?

Erdinger-Weiss-website1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

After its first (half-assed) wash! Itll be dirty again tomorrow no doubt!

http://i.imgur.com/LOozB2Bl.jpg

That looks absolutely awful. I hate the design of it.

:pac:

That looks absolutely awful. I hate the design of it.

:pac:

Reading that was an emotional rollercoaster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Looking well Donnelly.

My car has only been washed once since last Sept. And that was for it's NCT last month. If the younger me knew I was doing this to a car he'd shoot me.

For my first few years of car ownership nothing would stop me giving it a weekly vacuum and wash. I could write my name on the dash now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Durrrty Thurrrsday.

378680.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't aerodynamics or whatever it is that causes the dirt to collect in certain places mad? Like at the back of the quarter panel, many and the panel joined to it is spotless! And the ends of the doors.

And even with the mudguards, the rear bumper behind them is covered!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn't aerodynamics or whatever it is that causes the dirt to collect in certain places mad? Like at the back of the quarter panel, many and the panel joined to it is spotless! And the ends of the doors.
    Id say aero contributes hugely to the dirt on the back of a hatch, there would be huge suction in the void behind the car as it plods along so the dirt will get hoovered onto the boot :mad: Saloons generally dont suffer is as bad, but Id imagine the dirt collects elsewhere on those!

• Advertisement

Neutral poster? What does that mean in these parts? :)

It means you have morphed into colm_mcm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still confused. :D

Still confused. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The poor vehicle has been through a traumatic time recently, so give it a bit of TLC now n again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Few scenic shots. Just got them before the sunset! Passengers wouldn't get out, hence the slammed look!!

b9d2r.png

vepys0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Nice film of sleet on her :)IMG_20160226_181004.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

Went for a dive today, as much as I love my Golf the 'cruiser is the job for carrying the dive gear and getting changed in

B3CFC6EE-27AE-4526-90A2-BBB38B316954.jpg

5056A89A-9DFF-4A2A-B89B-9B20EEA679A2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Ah yes living the life. Looks good. I'd be afraid of sharks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd be afraid of sharks though!

Or the multitude of other things there waiting to kill you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

Ah yes living the life. Looks good. I'd be afraid of sharks though!

According to here there was a shark where the boat in the bottom pic when I was getting out of the water. Reported as a 2.5m unknown at Rous Head. :pac::pac::eek:

Raging I didn't get to see him to be honest! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Nice film of sleet on her :) ]

Until I read your comment, I thought it was a thin layer of snow foam!

Ze Germanz:

25216738401_f7116da138_c.jpg

The C5 Wheels are being refurbed this week. I didn't realise that I could change colour (to a single colour or two tone etc.). I've been arguing with myself over just leaving them as they are or two toning them all last night. I woke up this morning and the idea of two toning just seems crappy. I reckon it'd look too shoddy (the C5 wouldn't pull it off well, and it'd look too boy racery I think, for such a not-boy-racery car).

However, 2 minutes in photoshop to see what an all-black wheel would look like caught me by surprise - i really like it! The upshot is that yer man will do whatever I want, colour wise, but if i dont like and want to change back, it'll cost €200 to change them again (and i'll have to leave it a few weeks for the paint to set properly, so i'll be stuck with something I hate for a few weeks and down an extra €200).

What do ye guys think. Obviously the editing is shoddy as hell, but I think the black actually looks really well.. am i delusional?

blackvssilver.jpg

Slightly bigger versionhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Too much black for my taste. The silver alloys give a nice contrast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I'd say the same that's a lot of black on one car I prefer the current colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Will you just leave it alone, it's a grand car as is :)

Black wheels and I'll put it in the skanger thread myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

KKV I think the current wheels look great on the car. They make for great contrast

Here's another quick and rough edit:

20160219_124403_2_3black.jpg

Bigger version here

I can see what ye guys are saying about it being too black but I kinda like the blackness. I do also quite like the contrast of the clean silver wheels, especially as the chrome trim on the car kinda runs around the car at the bottom (and the silver chrome and silver wheels kinda keeps that theme running).

But I think the black looks that tad more aggressive or ominous or something and matches up well with the black car and tinted windows. Decisions, decisions :o

EDIT: I kinda wish he didn't say anything about colour to be honest. If I never had the choice I wouldn't even be thinking about it!

I can see what ye guys are saying about it being too black but I kinda like the blackness. I do also quite like the contrast of the clean silver wheels, especially as the chrome trim on the car kinda runs around the car at the bottom (and the silver chrome and silver wheels kinda keeps that theme running).

But I think the black looks that tad more aggressive or ominous or something and matches up well with the black car and tinted windows. Decisions, decisions :o

EDIT: I kinda wish he didn't say anything about colour to be honest. If I never had the choice I wouldn't even be thinking about it!

But it's a c5 estate, there's nothing aggressive about it. It'll look like you're trying too hard to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

It pales in comparison to some of the fine motors that are posted here, but it's my first car and I love it :D

IMG_0508.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Here's another quick and rough edit:

Them black wheels look pure shyte. Proper skangered out chavy looking! Leave good and well alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Gave mine a bit of much needed TLC in this fine weather today:

IMG_20160228_161252_zps0hxail62.jpg

IMG_20160228_142715_zpsimn4ixin.jpg

IMG_20160228_161306_zpslct987tg.jpg

IMG_20160228_161337_zpsjp2vrj49.jpg

Loving the wheels :cool:

Congrats marko :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

YbFocus wrote: »
    Congrats marko :)

YB I'd probably unquote that C5 pic! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The black wheels would look shoite on the c5

• Advertisement

YB I'd probably unquote that C5 pic! :)

What are you talking about :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Another no on the black C5 wheels. I think black wheels look shoite 90% of the time. Especially when they get even slightly dirty they end up looking like crap stealies. Please please no. Silver/stock all the way!!

Last night I thought two tone would be interesting but realised when i woke up that it'd be pretty horrible.

I rarely see black wheels about the place, but I do think they look nice when I see them (depending what they're on, i think tiny black wheels, like 14/15" wheels, dont look too great, but larger wheels generally look nice in my opinion). When I was offered the choice to change colour, black was the first thing that came into my head (as I had considered it before with the 407, but thought it'd be a madly expensive venture, and that car was costing an arm and a leg as it was on repairs alone).

I'll see how I feel in the morning and if I'm still swaying I might go black. it'll cost me 200 to revert back to silver, if i hate black, but I think I might like it. I'm definitely drawn to it at the moment when I think of it.

Speaking of C5's and wheels though, I came across a C5 on my travels today that looked pretty good, I thought (better looking in person than in the picture).

IMG_7459.jpg

I rarely see C5's around the place, and rarer again to see the estate version, so when I seen one with different wheels and such I thought it was interesting. If it was mine I think I'd spray the roof rails white, though (or swap them over for chrome ones). Same for the grille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Foxhole Norman how much did those alloys set you back and were the tyres on there already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Foxhole Norman how much did those alloys set you back and were the tyres on there already?

They were €500 from Valdelis, came with Tyres all around, Goodyear F1's on the front with good thread and Hankooks on the rear with 3/4mm left so I think it was a pretty good deal as they're in very good condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

KKV, on a black car darker wheels can look wrong. You might get away with anthracite maybe, but silver will probably suit it better. The black is one sure fire way to absolutely ruin it. You may as well get a big italicised Citroen decal across the back window too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

The latest yoke I've bought to fiddle with. Nct retest tomorrow (bought it with a fail sheet)

8ZRvMgy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wouldn't be a fan of the black alloys on the C5 unless the entire car was black but as it isn't i'd stick with the silver/chrome alloys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Black wheels can look good on a bright coloured car. Not for every car though.
    12716171_1109611562406437_1432273434389245770_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The focus doesnt seem to have any silver/chrome on it though so that for me is different again

Another no on the black C5 wheels. I think black wheels look shoite 90% of the time. Especially when they get even slightly dirty they end up looking like crap stealies. Please please no. Silver/stock all the way!!

Looked fine on my subaru though, but my car had black bits and bright res to stand out.
    Though I agree, pure black specially on black car looks meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

It would appear that most (if not everyone) advises against the black wheels KKV but then again you're going to go right ahead and do it anyway, even though it will look shoite. Offset is really odd looking with what you have done with it btw.

@Foxhole - I have to say, those wheels are an absolutely superb choice. Really fit the car so well and look very early noughties. I was unsure at first but now that they're on the car they look the job kiiiid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Another nice milestone today, that's ten grand old money since October I think...

IMG_20160229_080138.jpg

VQzRJew.png

IMG_20160229_080220.jpg

94f.png

Private road etc etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Private road etc etc :)

I made that mistake before, took a photo of the dash in a Passat while doing 220 km/h in Greece (admittedly on a straight of road that didn't bend even 1 degree for 14 km) and posted it on Facebook.

needless to say people weren't impressed!!

166man wrote: »
    It would appear that most (if not everyone) advises against the black wheels KKV but then again you're going to go right ahead and do it anyway, even though it will look shoite. Offset is really odd looking with what you have done with it btw.

Positioning of the wheels looked a lot worse before the spacers in fairness.

I woke up this morning still undecided but kinda leaning towards black. :o I've been googling and googling pictures of wheels on cars trying to decide. I think it's cos I rarely ever see black wheels on cars, and when I do, I do tend to like them. Not sure why, but I just think they look good in general.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement