Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last picture show.

• 23-06-2009 11:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this friday night film slot on RTE 1 in the mid 90s.It used to be introduced by this chap with a goatee,i cant remember his name but they used to show some great cult films from the 60s and 70s,like Performance,The wicker man,the devils etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I remember it allright. The presenter's name was Brian Reddan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Didn't like the presenter. Found him very patronising with his little tidbits of trivia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

I remember this (always after The Late Late/ An Evening Prayer :D) is when I first saw Hitchcocks movies. I remember settling down in my sleeping bag to watch The Birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He was a right pseudo (whoever he was) That slot was clearly ripping off Alex Cox and his MovieDrome slot on BBC2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

I remember seeing Blade runner on it.And a couple of films that i,d never seen before,like this British film from the 80s with Jeremy Irons as a Polish builder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was Channel 4s first film I think - Moonlighting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Intro to the Last Picture Show and introduction by Brian Reddan is here at the 9 minute mark, the film shown is the Treasure Of Sierra Madre. This is from 1998, it ran a bit longer than I remembered, I thought it finished 1996-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It got me interested in Alfred Hitchcock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I remember that. I used to think it was Ian O Doherty presenting it, did he do something similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Advertisement
Advertisement