Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of address on a commercial jeep logbook

Options
  • 12-12-2019 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,
    Finally getting around to updating my address on my logbook by completing the Change of Address section on Form RF111.
    This will mean a change from Kilkenny to Laois.

Since I already have this jeep taxed commercially I don't think there shouldn't be a problem transferring over to Laois as ownership is not changing.

Before I do can anybody confirm? Don't need all the hassle of trying to get it taxed commercially again with a different Co. Council!
    Thanks in advance.
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The tax applies either way, all you do is fill out the back of the vehicle registration certificate.

RF111 is a change of particulars and isn’t needed in your case.

(Unless I’m way wrong, I know the RF111 covers change of address, but I think the VRC does too without needing a form?)

Just checked my own VRC, yeah just fill that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

For motor tax you can just change the address online when you next renew and it doesn't affect it at all.

TrailerBob wrote: »
    For motor tax you can just change the address online when you next renew and it doesn't affect it at all.

That only updates the address they send the disc to as far as I know. So you won’t get Gatso speeding fines etc sent to the correct address.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TrailerBob wrote: »

But the car will still be registered to the OP's old address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

kceire wrote: »

Absolutely, my point is that there's no worry about changing the address for tax, OP won't have to go into the tax office or deal with a co council.

Yeah but all the OP has to do is pop his VRC in an envelope and free post it to Shannon. He will then have his address updated, and a new VRC posted out to the new address.

There was a thread here recently from a person who had a guard calling to the door with a summons for a speeding fine or something. they had updated their address on motor tax.ie but not properly and missed the original fine as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

kceire wrote: »

It won't. It'll be updated on the system but you won't get a new certificate

Advertisement