Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie Christmas roasts

Options
  • 29-11-2019 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest somewhere in Dublin (or that delivers to Dublin) I could get a nice vegetarian/vegan Christmas roast to cook on Christmas day?

I'm looking for something like the Gardein Holiday Roast, or the Field Roast's Celebration Roast, but can't find them for sale anywhere here. The closest I've found is the Quorn beef roast but Quorn has a nasty aftertaste :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

I’m not familiar with the ones you’ve mentioned, but we’ve ordered a roulade to collect from Sova. M&S also has a vegan range this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Antilles wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest somewhere in Dublin (or that delivers to Dublin) I could get a nice vegetarian/vegan Christmas roast to cook on Christmas day?

I'm looking for something like the Gardein Holiday Roast, or the Field Roast's Celebration Roast, but can't find them for sale anywhere here. The closest I've found is the Quorn beef roast but Quorn has a nasty aftertaste :(

2.5lb roast for €40, 1.2lb for €20 https://www.facebook.com/indigosspoon/
    Oops appears to be sold out already

these sell one too https://www.facebook.com/vegansandwichco/ small (serves 3-4) that cost €25, also available in large for €40 (serves 7-8)

moodley manor always sell a 2.2lb one at xmas too, was nice when i had it, make sure to not overcook! https://www.moodleymanor.com/moodley-roast-1 Think theya re usually €30 or €35

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

moodleymanor:

"We've had a lot of requests for the roast this year and we will be making a few batches and supplying them through #BeastEatery before Christmas.

The 1000g roast we've made the last few years will be the same sausage stuffed delicious centrepiece which serves between 4 and 10 people depending on how hungry you are lol

If you would like one, please email info@beasteatery.com with ROAST X (number you would like).

We will get back to you as soon as your order is confirmed with a payment link and a collection date.

It will be first come, first served. ��"

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Austin1

Blazing Salads and Planted Bean both have decent looking Christmas menus to order:

http://www.blazingsalads.com/nut-roasts-other-goodies

https://www.facebook.com/pg/theplantedbean/about/

Planted bean is great food! roast for 11e sounds good, and their red wine gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I think Vegan Sandwich Co is doing a roast for collection or delivery. If you've ever had his sausage, bacon, egg and cheese mcmuffin then I think it is safe to assume he will do a great vegan roast too.

Unfortunately, I am away for Christmas so didn't order from him and it is possible it could be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Does anyone have a tried and trusted recipe? I'm in Limerick so can't get to most places suggested before going home for Xmas.

Daisies wrote: »
    Does anyone have a tried and trusted recipe? I'm in Limerick so can't get to most places suggested before going home for Xmas.

Bosh have a couple of recipes for "beef" Wellington and various other things - they're on youtube (boshtv) and Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

nikpmup wrote: »
    Bosh have a couple of recipes for "beef" Wellington and various other things - they're on youtube (boshtv) and Facebook.

Also recommend Bosh - the wellington is so so good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

nikpmup wrote: »

Why are things that are vegan called bacon or beef when they are not. Just curious

Why are things that are vegan called bacon or beef when they are not. Just curious

Bosh call it a mushroom wellington on their channels.

But sure the terms are used for familiarity I would imagine.

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Bosh call it a mushroom wellington on their channels.

But sure the terms are used for familiarity I would imagine.

Ya you could be right. I was not taking a swipe at Bosh. Just the post said beef.

Oh I know :)

They are just called that so as to know what to expect - a flavour profile, a texture etc, since they are what they are trying to imitate. Easier for people than some random name.

They are just called that so as to know what to expect - a flavour profile, a texture etc, since they are what they are trying to imitate. Easier for people than some random name.

I agree but I have seen some packages and some seem misleading as to that. I must say I have tried a few things are nice and this from a non vegan. Also this is not the place for this as it's about Christmas so I will leave it so as not to drag the topic off course. Sorry mods if I have

In the video I was referring to, they (Bosh) used plant based burgers something like a beyond burger mashed up and rolled into a log to form the "beef" part, then rolled it in mushrooms and pastry. I often refer to milk, butter etc; I mean a vegan alternative of course but it's a bit less of a mouthful to say!

Here's the video:

https://www.bosh.tv/recipes/ultimate-vegan-beef-wellington

Advertisement