Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Home/Cottage Recommendations

Options
  • 05-12-2019 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could recommend a holiday home or cottage that would be near a beach and that would allow two dogs, definitely looking for something that is self catering. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Rentacottage.ie has some smashing thatched cottages in Clare but the gardens aren't secure. I can manage my dog with a long line but two dogs might be more awkward. There's another house on AirbnB that I like in Kenmare centre but you'd need to drive to a beach.

I'm never entirely comfortable recommending a place to anyone with so little information. So I'm not being nosy but what breed/size are your dogs, age; level of training, barking and shedding; what is your budget; how many bedrooms will you need and will you be crating the dogs when you're leaving them home alone? It might help us to make suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

There are LOADS on Air B&B, what sort of areas are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Limepark Cottages in Armoy, Co. Antrim. Fabulous place - I can’t recommend it enough and I’ve stayed there loads of times. It’s close to Ballycastle, the Giants Causeway, Dark Hedges etc.

Each cottage is different and all very quirky. Dogs are accepted with a charge of £20 per dog per stay.

https://limepark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

There are LOADS on Air B&B, what sort of areas are you considering?

Thinking of maybe Galway or West Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Rentacottage.ie has some smashing thatched cottages in Clare but the gardens aren't secure. I can manage my dog with a long line but two dogs might be more awkward. There's another house on AirbnB that I like in Kenmare centre but you'd need to drive to a beach.

I'm never entirely comfortable recommending a place to anyone with so little information. So I'm not being nosy but what breed/size are your dogs, age; level of training, barking and shedding; what is your budget; how many bedrooms will you need and will you be crating the dogs when you're leaving them home alone? It might help us to make suggestions.

Both dogs are cavalier king charles, one could be off lead and had good recall but the younger dog can't be off lead at all. They shed a little but not much and don't bark much at all, really only when they are playing with each other. I'd be looking for a two bedroom place as there will be 3 adults, that has wifi and if possible with access to the beach. I won't be crating the dogs...they won't be left on their own much at all and if they are are perfectly fine on their own as they never cause any damage etc. The budget would probably be around €600 and hoping to book somewhere for either June or September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Right, the Clare cottages are off the table then. The Kenmare place is called Primrose Cottage and doesn't have wifi included but it can be purchased.

As mentioned above, there are lots of places if you search online as only you will know what piques your interest and fits your requirements. Pack The Pooch has good listings and is worth a look.

Advertisement