Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claim document rejected 4 years later

Options
  • 03-12-2019 8:53am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so i had this warming letter in the mail yesterday informing me that due to the fact they cant verify my no claim document, i am\will be without insurance.

Facts:
    With them since feb 2016 when i also provided, what i thought was valid document.
    Renewed each year since then with them, last year with a "new" car.

After calling them i got this very helpful advice to just take it up with the ones who provided me my NCD and there was nothing else they could or wanted to do.

When going through a pile of documents at home i did actually find a 2nd NCD from february 2016.
    I have sent them that one now as well so i ll have to wait what that brings.

There is a couple of things that completely piss me off though.

I would have understand their actions if i had taken up insurance with them last month but we are talking about a 4 year old document that apparently was not verified at that time.
    3 renewals later and then they find out: hey, this isnt right and instead of contacting me to see what can be done to resolve this they just terminate my insurance.

Add to it that "coincidentally" last month was my last direct debit for the current year so they have taken my full premium for the running year as well.

I also take this up in a way that they basically call me a fraud.

I wil give them today to resolve this.

But, here it is, what options do i have to force them to honour my NCD and insurance if that 2nd document doesn't solve this?
    Also the way they handled this leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth deserves and deserves a complaint here or there but ombudsman doesn't take insurance companies on.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Your also stuck as all insurance companies ask of you’ve ever had insurance refused or cancelled before.

You will have to answer yes to that now and open a whole can of whop ass from them over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

"what I thought was a valid document"

Was it or wasn't it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Was it or wasn't it?

It was the one i received via email from chill.ie when i moved insurers.
    All details (car, name) were mine.
    Which is the one i sent in good faith by mail to the new insurer.

Problem with that one (from Zurich) is they claim it isnt theirs. And that is probably right because i do have 2nd one that i received also from chill (but about 2 weeks into the new policy by normal mall) from another company who do actually recognise it and confirmed it is mine.

So they had one "mystery one" 4 years ago they only now dont accept.
    And they have another since yesterday, confirmed and all by the issuer, which they apparently still dont want to accept.

If i had moved on after 1 year from them to again another one, they would have given me a ncb doc with another year on it themselves.

Thank ****... they have come to their senses.
    2nd doc is now accepted and i am insured again.

And more important, i keep my 10 years ncb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Was it or wasn't it?

His own Insurers considered it valid nearly four years ago.

Did they or didn't they ? ;)

• Advertisement

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    His own Insurers considered it valid nearly four years ago.

Did they or didn't they ? ;)

Well, what actually happened was that i received one by email that was autogenerated and somehow had the logo of the wrong insurance company on it.
    That is the one i sent in 4 years ago and only checked recently
    A week or so after i had sent that one in, i received, what now appeared to be, the right one by mail.

After i snt all docs i had received 4 years ago and filed a complaint with my current insurers they went on and got in contact with and old insurer confirmed my story by admitting their systems had ****ed up with the NCD sent by email.

Lesson: Scan everything in you receive from those cowboys and store them, back them up and put them in a vault in Switzerland. Because apparently they dont check that stuff when they receive it but think they can just **** you out of the insurance when 4 years later something seems off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement