Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery terminal nuts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Could you not just swap them out for a different set of nuts and bolts. Pick up a box in halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've got some of those square battery nuts, free of charge if you want them, PM me. :)

They should have been supplied with the battery though??

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I've got some of those square battery nuts, free of charge if you want them, PM me. :)

They should have been supplied with the battery though??

Ad sure you didn't drop the pack of them..?

I have a few too if yer stuck...pm me..south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

You should have received these nuts with the battery - I know I did when purchasing the same battery from Halfords a while back. Go back and ask them
    They are a common nut on batteries and Halfords can probably supply them from another battery if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dec_82

rock22 wrote: »
    You should have received these nuts with the battery - I know I did when purchasing the same battery from Halfords a while back. Go back and ask them
    They are a common nut on batteries and Halfords can probably supply them from another battery if necessary

Box seemed to just have the battery, will check again though, maybe Im just being a pleb :) Wouldnt be the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

I've used hex nuts the odd time if I lost the square/rectangle nut and I was stuck. You can usually manage to slide it in.

I've used hex nuts the odd time if I lost the square/rectangle nut and I was stuck. You can usually manage to slide it in.

"That's what she said"

I found a nut that fit the screw but it wouldn't pass through the terminal post :) Merry christmas to meee

zubair wrote: »
    Could you not just swap them out for a different set of nuts and bolts. Pick up a box in halfords.

Tried that they had none of the right size/type

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

dec_82 wrote: »
    "That's what she said"

I found a nut that fit the screw but it wouldn't pass through the terminal post :) Merry christmas to meee

just file down two opposing sides of the nut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Did you go back to Halfords, tell them the nuts were missing and ask for replacements?

As I said, you paid in previous for the complete battery, with the nuts. All Yuasa batteries come with the correct nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

dec_82 wrote: »
    Tried that they had none of the right size/type

I am in the exact same boat as you now. Got the Yuasa but no nut with it. I have a few nuts but will need to file them to fit. Be interested to know how you ended up getting sorted in the finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

I bought 2 yuasa's in September, both had the nuts in them.

They were with the bolts though.

sm3ar wrote: »
    I am in the exact same boat as you now. Got the Yuasa but no nut with it. I have a few nuts but will need to file them to fit. Be interested to know how you ended up getting sorted in the finish?

I took a dremel to nuts that were almost suitable to take off the edges and make them fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

goblin59 wrote: »
    I bought 2 yuasa's in September, both had the nuts in them.

They were with the bolts though.

My box didnt. I might go back and see if they have them at the shop

Advertisement