Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male maternity discrimination

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭hawley

I think you should remove his workplace from the post, it might cause more trouble for your husband.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Mod:

I've moved this thread to Work and Jobs forum as it seems more appropriate to this forum. New charter applies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Does your husband have a union in his work? Can he talk to the rep for help on this?

Has his workplace asked him to go to a medical with the company doctor? Have they offered him any supports to assist him in getting better and back to work?

Also, what has his GP said? What supports are they offering in getting him better, and back to work?

Ps. Because someone has sick certs doesn't not actually mean "it's fine". You can't just not go to work and it be "fine".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ps. Just a FYI, some of your wording does not seem to make sense to me...I am not sure what you mean by maternity discrimination in relation to what your husband is going through. Also not sure what dispensation is - what the company want to do...

Just an fyi, to be clear what is actually going on with your husband and work etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

DryJump wrote: »
    Hi,
    But he has sick notes so that should be fine.

Having a doctor's note does not make it fine: they explain his absence but do not make it ok that he's too sick to work.

It does not sound like he is well enough to hold down a job at the moment. He needs to do what his doctor says to do, so he gets better.

You being pregnant at the same time is irrelevant. But he can reasonably ask to have the disciplinary meeting moved to a different day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement