Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - postponing flights

Options
  • 01-12-2019 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone has experience of post-poning flights with Ryanair?

I am due to travel after Christmas (less than 4 weeks now) but it seems I might not be able to. I have paid over 600 euros for 2 of us.
    I am wondering what would be change fees and whether it's better to book new tickets altogether when the time is near.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Most of the info that you need is here : https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/post-booking-changes/changing-a-flight

The fees and options that you have depend on the type of tickets that you originally paid for. It can cost up to 100e to change it but may be as low as 35e. You can only change it though when you know what you want to change it to and the later you leave that of course the more expensive that it may be.

Unsure if you're going to get solid information from people's previous experience as it's very much dependent on your particular circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If your circumstances are not having a valid passport then you're not going to get anything in terms of goodwill from Ryanair (or travel insurance).

I'm guessing you booked the standard flights and not the flexible ones?

As posted above there are hefty fees so it's unlikely you're going to see much of a return, alas an expensive lesson to learn.

Advertisement