Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 13 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,364 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wide left from Dallas. Sean McDermott needs to work on calling a TO though.

Ellie Goulding. Oh yeah I remember her and I remember this song.

Fierce flat performance. Was there a musical performance at half time in the first game ?

Ahhhhhhh Ellie. Fond 2011 memories come flooding back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

My former boss's daughter used to style Ellie Goulding - horrendous stuff she continues to wear!

Why was she wearing a lamp shade on her head ?

RandySavage.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Looks like Drew Lock will be starting QB for the Broncos this week.

Look it it went through the posts. Bills up by nine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Looks like Drew Lock will be starting QB for the Broncos this week.

Hopefully he can improve on 5 inches per drive!

Hauschka breathes a sigh of relief. Thought we were going to get another double doink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Jeez some of these adds on American TV. One woman with a blind sister and she's carrying her sister around... And it's an add for Nike. Then a two minute add for HIV drugs...god bless America.

franglan wrote: »
    Jeez some of these adds on American TV. One woman with a blind sister and she's carrying her sister around... And it's an add for Nike. Then a two minute add for HIV drugs...god bless America.

The ads are nuts most of the time. The medication side effects are just mental.

Itssoeasy wrote:

They love their medicine. I haven't heard of half of these ailments.

Another miss!!! Oh no.

• Advertisement

Thanks be t'jaysus we have Justin Tucker.

Oh dear. Bad night for kickers. 6-12 fg this season in what is basically a dome.

Most positions in football over the years I’ve been watching have gotten better and kickers were one of those positions but in the last two seasons(maybe three ?) the art of kicking has gone in the toilet across the nfl.

TD bills. You’d almost feel sorry for Jason Garret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ravens @ Bills Week 13 might be fun.

• Advertisement

HOW 'BOUT THEM BILLS

Looking at the Eagles' remaining schedule, Dallas are probably done if they lose this.

Looking at the Eagles' remaining schedule, Dallas are probably done if they lose this.

Don’t be saying that. The eagles are very much capable of ballsing up the remaining schedule as much as I hate saying it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Don’t be saying that. The eagles are very much capable of ballsing up the remaining schedule as much as I hate saying it.

Miami, NYG x2 and Washington though...
    That's at least 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

TD bills. You’d almost feel sorry for Jason Garret.

Why?

I'm in awe that he's in the job every single week.

Dak doing his best Trubisky impression with that. Yikes.

Oh that look on Jerry’s face after that last turnover wasn’t good.

Why?

I'm in awe that he's in the job every single week.

I don’t know trying to not **** over him.

Miami, NYG x2 and Washington though...
    That's at least 3-1.

I get what you are saying but after last weeks game I’m not making any claims either way.

J Jones will not be happy to get humiliated at home on national TV. Barring a turnover, this is a whoopin.

Two whoopins in a row for the bills.

• Advertisement

J Jones will not be happy to get humiliated at home on national TV. Barring a turnover, this is a whoopin.

Does Jerry jones let Jason Garret make it to week 17 though ? He’s not got a contract past the end of the season and he’s not helping himself.

And that's the game most likely baring a mad final six minutes of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1200203738872516610?s=19

They'll meander into the playoffs and lose a close game, doing just enough to keep Garrett around for another year...

This game might even look respectable by the end.

Hello...

God I hate the prevent defense....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

How is Jason Garrett still in charge of Dallas? They must have one of the best rosters in Football but just aren’t performing. And the main reason for that is poor coaching.

Fair play to the Bills, don’t have any star names but fully play as a team and are clearly very well coached. Will be a handful in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Concerning thing is that most of those medications are the same ones available in Ireland, the side effects just aren't publicised highlighted as much as they are not advertised on TV

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Concerning thing is that most of those medications are the same ones available in Ireland, the side effects just aren't publicised highlighted as much as they are not advertised on TV

It's not a concern at all.

The EMA and the FDA are poles apart.

I'd say a good lot of them aren't available here because they're not approved to be.

• Advertisement

Those onside kicks in Atlanta were crazy.

1-2 for the day.

JG needs to be booted. Dallas were poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

God I hate the prevent defense....

Drives me mad. A team has contained an opposing offence for 57 minutes then changes to the prevent defence for the last drive and it all goes out the window. Stick to what's worked for God's sake.

It's not very often the Redskins have leads going into the final few minutes of a game but when they do, they run the prevent defence and run it badly. So instead of giving up one big play that gives up 60 yards, they give up 4 x 15 yard plays in around 20 seconds of game time so the end result is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Drives me mad. A team has contained an opposing offence for 57 minutes then changes to the prevent defence for the last drive and it all goes out the window. Stick to what's worked for God's sake.

It's not very often the Redskins have leads going into the final few minutes of a game but when they do, they run the prevent defence and run it badly. So instead of giving up one big play that gives up 60 yards, they give up 4 x 15 yard plays in around 20 seconds of game time so the end result is the same.

Yeah but the Redskins are tragic, it makes sense for a good team to do it. In the earlier part of the game the D are playing against a normal offense, but in those final few minutes there playing against a team whose only hope for survival are risky big passing plays, which they are unlikely to try earlier. It makes sense to take that away from them, allowing shorter gains that eat up clock but denying any game changing stuff.

Again, only applies to good teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah but the Redskins are tragic, it makes sense for a good team to do it. In the earlier part of the game the D are playing against a normal offense, but in those final few minutes there playing against a team whose only hope for survival are risky big passing plays, which they are unlikely to try earlier. It makes sense to take that away from them, allowing shorter gains that eat up clock but denying any game changing stuff.

Again, only applies to good teams.

With risky big passing plays eliminated and the defence retreating, short gains they couldn't get earlier are now are in play and throws to the sidelines eat feck all clock and as I said earlier, in about 20 seconds of game time a team can march down the field.

I've seen good teams getting burnt by the prevent as well. I just don't like it as a tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

With risky big passing plays eliminated and the defence retreating, short gains they couldn't get earlier are now are in play and throws to the sidelines eat feck all clock and as I said earlier, in about 20 seconds of game time a team can march down the field.

I've seen good teams getting burnt by the prevent as well. I just don't like it as a tactic.
    If you're doing prevent properly though you're managing the sidelines, the whole idea is to force the other team to either eat clock, or get pushed into high risk plays. I'm actually not a fan of it either, but the idea of just playing the way you did earlier in the game is ignoring the fact that the prevent defense is an adjustment to a change in the approach of the offense, rather than something decided on in isolation. Continuing with the early tactics is liable to leave you open to a deep threat, especially if you're playing a good QB who is strong under pressure or against the rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

A lot of really good games on Sunday & Monday. Ravens - 9ers, Browns - Steelers, Rams - Cards, Pats - Texans and Vikings - Seahawks are all interesting for one reason or another. It's just a pity the Ravens and Browns games are clashing, Ravens - 9ers should really be the prime-time game. Earlier games just don't have the same atmosphere and this could easily be a rematch in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Going to be a wet one in Baltimore,with brieda out for the 49ers it might be advantage ravens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Going to be a wet one in Baltimore,with brieda out for the 49ers it might be advantage ravens.

Ford is a bigger loss, especially with Alexander already out for the season. Their speed would have been useful in trying to keep up with Lamar.

I'd like us all to come together to say a decade of the Rosary for the 49ers.

I'd like us all to come together to say a decade of the Rosary for the 49ers.

Do you think it's going to a massacre in Baltimore ?

Do you think it's going to a massacre in Baltimore ?

Not if Carr and Peters are gonna clown around like that. Abysmal defence on 4th and 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement