Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rust over welded areas.

Options
  • 18-11-2019 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

After taking of the side boxes on my bike I've noticed a few rust spots. Seems to be where there are joins in frame (mainly pillion and exhaust frame).
    Only apparent in the sections that are welded and joined.

Red circles gives a rough indication (just a stock image of the bike)
    What's the best way to remedy this, strip back the loose flaking paint and touch up with similar colour or is there a primer that you prepare with first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You have to stop the rust from forming, Wirewheel the area back to bare metal, apply rust converter and leave that to dry then use a High zinc undercoat and then a topcoat of your choice.
    If you just paint over the rust it will be back in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Also, ACF-50 to protect it in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Would anyone have an idea as to the colour of the frame that the exhaust is mounted to and where the pillion foot pegs are bolted to?
    web_side_c59a15ae-5c80-48b7-9338-58ca88f718ed_2048x2048.jpg?v=1557163031
    I've tried looking on https://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm but that's giving the primary colours of the styles (optional models).

Some searches are giving sonic silver YD8 but I'm not sure on that. Have to touch up some rusted areas with advice given by CJ Haughey, have all the the neccessary bits and pieces just not the colour code of the silver paint. Been on Stromtroopers but no luck there, contacted Suzuki but nowt from those f$%ks either...

Advertisement