Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat dragged in this bird

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You have it backwards, people do not have pet cats. Cats have pet humans. They're not dumb, they're not going to stuck with someone who locks them in an enclosure.

The alternative to the current situation is to let cats run feral.

Dont get me wrong I have sympathy, even as a cat owner i dont like cats ****ting in my garden. Owners need to be responsible and get cat litters for the cats and keep them in doors at night and when the owner is out of the house for long periods (work etc). But they also need to be let outdoors to maintain their territory. That is the essence of what a cat is. What you are asking is for owners to somehow stop a cat from bring a cat and be more like a dog. Its nonsense.
    Maintain their territory? All predators when feral or wild have territories. Just because these are cats don't give them some supreme right to be allowed decide that our gardens, or the wider countryside, are part of their territory. A dog will be as territorial and predatory if it is allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

You have it backwards, people do not have pet cats. Cats have pet humans. They're not dumb, they're not going to stuck with someone who locks them in an enclosure.

The alternative to the current situation is to let cats run feral.

Dont get me wrong I have sympathy, even as a cat owner i dont like cats ****ting in my garden. Owners need to be responsible and get cat litters for the cats and keep them in doors at night and when the owner is out of the house for long periods (work etc). But they also need to be let outdoors to maintain their territory. That is the essence of what a cat is. What you are asking is for owners to somehow stop a cat from bring a cat and be more like a dog. Its nonsense.

Cat owners need to stop facilitating the so called needs of a cat, and think about their destructive behaviour's, and also think about their neighbours. Keep their cats on their own property, and let them use that as their territory. Your certainly right about cats rulling the roost, instead of their owners.

Maintain their territory? All predators when feral or wild have territories. Just because these are cats don't give them some supreme right to be allowed decide that our gardens, or the wider countryside, are part of their territory. A dog will be as territorial and predatory if it is allowed.
    Dogs will gather in packs and savage a human for fun as part of their nature. I'm not understanding the comparison.

As I've said, it's not up to humans to tell the cat species what it can or cant do. They"ll simply move on and take care of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dogs will gather in packs and savage a human for fun as part of their nature. I'm not understanding the comparison.

As I've said, it's not up to humans to tell the cat species what it can or cant do. They"ll simply move on and take care of themselves.
    If cats were to be all feral, at least we could legally do something about them.

I'll leave this now because it's obviously pointless but to suggest that cats are some sort of super intelligent free spirit beyond being controlled and contained is quite bizarre and a bit of a cop out for the damage they do and the annoyance they cause others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

...Used to get the odd egg off him for breakfast...
    A feckin miracle!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Eddie B wrote: »
    Cat owners need to stop facilitating the so called needs of a cat, and think about their destructive behaviour's, and also think about their neighbours. Keep their cats on their own property, and let them use that as their territory. Your certainly right about cats rulling the roost, instead of their owners.

Cat owners are selfish end of,don't give a fu*k about them ****ti*Ng in other pps gardens,why don't think they let them out at night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thing is we actually have a pet cat that belongs to my Daughter, we allow him out on fine days in the back garden but we stay with him, he has a set pattern that he does every day he is out from one end of the garden to the other, he sees the birds at the feeders take a look and carries on with no interest in them in fine Summer days he would be out with us as long as we are there. The birds seem to be used to him and that he is no threat to them, when I see the others the garden hose is on full.

Advertisement