Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall paint cracking

Options
  • 08-12-2019 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I recently painted a bedroom, and now small cracks have appeared. Due to the impossible original colour, I needed 3 coats. Anyone know how this might have happened, too thick maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭Ceepo

cav93 wrote: »
    I recently painted a bedroom, and now small cracks have appeared. Due to the impossible original colour, I needed 3 coats. Anyone know how this might have happened, too thick maybe?

This can happen when you apply a number of coats before the previous coats has dried out properly, or as stated to thick because it wasnt applied right.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cav93

Ceepo wrote: »
    This can happen when you apply a number of coats before the previous coats has dried out properly, or as stated to thick because it wasnt applied right.

I see, I'm not an experienced painter, I just took advantage of a few days off work, but what is done is done and will have to do at this point. Was just curious to know why, but only visible up close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Ceepo wrote: »

How would one best rectify such an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Sand the bejaysus out of it and start again

Advertisement