Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with new windows and doors

Options
  • 14-11-2019 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    Just looking for some.advice, had new doors.and windows installed last year, having major draught issues with one of the doors and windows, ccontacted the company back in may to come.and have a look, he was quite dismissive that there were any issues, eventually.he sent a guy out to look at the door in sept...4 months later, but problem still not fully rectified and now hes still just fobbing us off that he wil send someone out again. Any advice appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Hi,

By any chance can the company's name be abbreviated to SD?

I had similar issues a year ago - have you paid in full?
    Have you contacted citizens information or sent a solicitors letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

cavagirl wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just looking for some.advice, had new doors.and windows installed last year, having major draught issues with one of the doors and windows, ccontacted the company back in may to come.and have a look, he was quite dismissive that there were any issues, eventually.he sent a guy out to look at the door in sept...4 months later, but problem still not fully rectified and now hes still just fobbing us off that he wil send someone out again. Any advice appreciated?

Hi,
    I'd go to see a solicitor
    if you have bought the house recently then I'd go back to the solicitor which dealt with the buying process, most wont charge you alot if anything atall under the circumstances,
    They will also tell you if they are aware of the company being reckless in there operations.
    Your the customer you paid for the job to be done right and led in to a false sense of security now things have gone wrong they have a duty of care to correct that issue; you dont need to waste further time out of your own career and free time to chase them and listen to there excuses.
    I'd see a good solicitor and get a letter sent to officially notify them of your requirements to have the job corrected.
    Write down everything you want to say; before going to the solicitor this will ensure you dont forget any details and also make the most of your time in there, also provide photos if possible to help explain your case.
    If they do charge it wont be more than €200 for the appointment and the letter
    If there known cowboys then the solicitor wont charge anything atall as there happy to nail then again.
    Overall take no abuse you have paid for the job to be done correctly

Advertisement