Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It used to have, it just wasn't busy enough I'd say, depending on the room they have those freestanding old school baths, nothing like a spa but charming, it's the only place I've seen them. It's not any way modern, need to stress that, your lucky it has radiators.
    Bring a bottle of radox you'll be grand, I'd say they'd probably do a deal if you called them to chat about different rooms.

If you were going as far as wosely I'd keep going and head to mount Juliet, your going way up in price though, food in the French restaurant there is beautiful. Plenty of activities.

Kinnity village does attract a lot of walkers though, could be worth a day trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

gandalfio wrote: »
    Kinnity ticking all the boxes, but doesn't have a spa. Massages are done in your room.

Any views on Mount Wolseley? Does it have secluded walking trails? Not as scenic as Kinnity, but has a spa and there's a good deal currently on Pigs back.

Wolseley is a dingy dungeon. One of the worst spas I was ever at, avoid at all costs.

Hated it there (can you tell,lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Have you ever been to kilronan Castle, not sure about distance though, but absolutely fab old world charm and spa.... Normally pigs back deals too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

michdee wrote: »
    Have you ever been to kilronan Castle, not sure about distance though, but absolutely fab old world charm and spa.... Normally pigs back deals too

The spa at Kilronan Castle is fab, it is well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Slieve Donard in Newcastle Co Down. Same owners as Culloden so I would expect a good standard.

FWIW I found Monart over rated too. Expensive. And the restaurant books out quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Waterford castle is just so under rated

I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels around the country and this one is by far the best that has remoteness, great food, good grounds, bar,etc

Advertisement