Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

AMKC wrote: »
    Just after watching the highlights now. Well that was a boring race. Am glad I did not sit through 2 hours of that. If Max was not in F1 I think it would be in even more trouble.

Bring on 2020 and hopefully a much better season that is also much more competitive.

Pray to all the gods for this.

Glad 2019 is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Perez ovetakes Norris and Sainz overtakes Hulkenburg but we get to see Lewis' finish to the line all by himself :pac:

I'm trying to figure out what kind of wrong Sainz did to the camera operators, it's becoming a meme at this point - "Sainz performs spectacular maneuver/overtake and the cameras weren't showing it" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

AMKC wrote: »
    Just after watching the highlights now. Well that was a boring race. Am glad I did not sit through 2 hours of that. If Max was not in F1 I think it would be in even more trouble.

Bring on 2020 and hopefully a much better season that is also much more competitive.

It was an absolute shocker from where I was sitting :( Almost a minute separating the top three, very poor coverage of the midfield battles, and it was wall to wall tire management for 55 laps. Horrific stuff. If you sat ten people down to watch it, who'd never watched an F1 race in their lives, I'd say not one of them would have enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Inviere wrote: »
    Horrific stuff. If you sat ten people down to watch it, who'd never watched an F1 race in their lives, I'd say not one of them would have enjoyed it.
    And none would ever watch it again. And it'd be hard to blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Top Dog wrote: »
    And none would ever watch it again. And it'd be hard to blame them.

Agreed. While putting F1 behind a paywall has been catastrophic for viewing numbers, it's not entirely to blame either - there are other factors. Godawful soul-less tracks like Abu Dhabi, with tires that need to be constantly minded haven't helped at all either.
    "F1's global television audience has declined from 600 million viewers in 2008 to 390 million in 2016," revealed investment bank J.P. Morgan in a report last month. "Part of this was driven by a move to exclusive Pay-TV as well as (Chinese broadcaster) CCTV dropping F1 in 2013. However, we believe some of the decrease is due to waning fan interest, exacerbated by a lack of on-track competition. Further declines in TV audiences would lower the value of F1 to broadcasters and sponsors and could slow revenue growth."

https://www.pitpass.com/65661/Broadcasters-the-next-big-challenge-for-F1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Inviere wrote: »
    Agreed. While putting F1 behind a paywall has been catastrophic for viewing numbers, it's not entirely to blame either - there are other factors. Godawful soul-less tracks like Abu Dhabi, with tires that need to be constantly minded haven't helped at all either.

https://www.pitpass.com/65661/Broadcasters-the-next-big-challenge-for-F1

Waning fan interest and almost all coverage hidden behind a pay wall

Advertisement