Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi copper hot water cylinder: how do they work?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't get involved in cylinders at all so happy for the real plumbers to correct me but you will have almost no head height so you will be installing a pump. Usually in apartments that have pumps we install Triton T80Z on after the pump rather than relying on inconsistent mains pressure. This is a better option that installing a T90SR before the pump

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I assume the 80Z is off the pressurised cold from the tank.

What model would you suggest is they wanted to use the hot water from the cylinder?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I assume the 80Z is off the pressurised cold from the tank.

What model would you suggest is they wanted to use the hot water from the cylinder?

I wasn't thinking about tank being pressurized. What pressure woud it be?

Had a call about an aquastream connected to a pressurized tank during the week. Plumber thinks it was a bar of pressure & he was wondering why the pump blew. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Had a call about an aquastream connected to a pressurized tank during the week. Plumber thinks it was a bar of pressure & he was wondering why the pump blew. :D

A bar of pressure feeding that would be ok though would it not? I know it wouldn’t want to be much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Sorry, what I mean was what sort of shower would you suggest if they wanted to use the hot and cold as opped to just the cold

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Lenar3556 wrote:
    A bar of pressure feeding that would be ok though would it not? I know it wouldn’t want to be much more.

Aquastream can have up to 1 bar maximum. Most showers are are around 3/4 bar maximum.
    The call I got was "its only around a bar"
    Sorry, what I mean was what sort of shower would you suggest if they wanted to use the hot and cold as opped to just the cold

If you are looking for a power shower in a plastic box then the Triton Novel SR silent running thermostatic power shower is the best option at 14 lpm. Very quiet and they give less trouble than any of the competitors. Aquastream gives 18 lpm is way overpriced and tend not to be as reliable as mira or Triton power shower

Advertisement