Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booster Pump and Washing Machine

Options
  • 04-07-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Question folks,

We have a booster pump in the hot press which is fed from the storage tank in the attic. The pump comes on every time a tap is opened or toilet flushed which is normal but the pump also comes on when the washing machine is running which I dont think it should as the machine should be from the mains supply?

Here is a photo of under the sink, not a great photo I know but might help explain how it has been plumbed.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Technically the washing machine is meant to be plumbed off the cold water supply , so the booster would come on.

In Ireland the majority of the houses i come across have the washing machine off the mains, but technically thats incorrect as not in compliance with building regulations or irish water regulations which only want mains water to 1. Kitchen Sink 2. Cold Water Storage Cistern.

In summary , it being on the cold water supply is actually correct, but most houses in Ireland are not plumbed this way.

Advertisement