Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KSW40

Options
  • 21-10-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when this is on Eirsport?if it's live it should be on tomorrow evening but there is no listing on sky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any of the regulars on here want two tickets to this? Won a competition with Eir but cant go, tickets have to be collected from the box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Hey man, I'd love to take them if there is no-one else on here who really wants them? I was suppose to go but I had a lot of unexpected expenses last month and this month with left me short on funds for the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Hey man, I'd love to take them if there is no-one else on here who really wants them? I was suppose to go but I had a lot of unexpected expenses last month and this month with left me short on funds for the ticket.

Sent you a message there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Anyone know if the KSW PPV has an English commentary option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone know if the KSW PPV has an English commentary option?

Polish for me, Can't see a way to change it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Thought that was brilliant myself.

I'm here at the it myself and the intro was class. It was like a modern day coliseum with the fighters on display and being introduced one by one.

Some amount of Polish. Must be 70% at least.

Every fight has gone the distance so far. All very cagey safe performances, no real stand out fights of note yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Popek is a mad man. Loves the attention. All the women were loving him on the flight from Warsaw this morning. He’s out to prove a point in KSW 41

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I just watched the Parke-Gamrot fight. Norman must have an ironclad contract with these guys because why else would he fight for them and get in the cage with that dirty cheat Gamrot. Surely there are other organisations that will pay him to fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just had a look at Parke's record. What happened in the two fights with Gamrot?

cliggg wrote: »
    I just watched the Parke-Gamrot fight. Norman must have an ironclad contract with these guys because why else would he fight for them and get in the cage with that dirty cheat Gamrot. Surely there are other organisations that will pay him to fight?

No promotion wants him because he's so boring to watch. There's no interest in him at all. He has a good record alright and he talked up a good pre-fight but when it came to the fights it was just 15 minutes of pushing against the cage.

Just had a look at Parke's record. What happened in the two fights with Gamrot?

He had his fingers bitten twice in the 1st fight then got 2 bad eye pokes in the 2nd fight. Both eye pokes were probably deliberate but the 2nd definitely was

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    No promotion wants him because he's so boring to watch. There's no interest in him at all. He has a good record alright and he talked up a good pre-fight but when it came to the fights it was just 15 minutes of pushing against the cage.

That's true but there are many boring fighters in the other organisations around Europe. He was saying before the fight that Gamrot wouldn't pass a drug test but then why fight the guy if you think he's dirty?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

I think you are being a bit harsh on Parke here, He had a six fight win streak in UFC, I am counting Leonardo Santos as a win, Leonardo cheated the whole fight in Brazil held cage etc and then they deducted one point from Parke for him holding the shorts?? and called it a draw.
    Leonardo Santos went on to win his next 4 fights against, Escudero,tony Martin, Kevin Lee, Adriano Martins, So you can see how good he is,
    Then they gave Tibau ( Since banned 2 years) who has beat top level fighters with his boring drug inspired top game. Exact same scenario with Trinaldo, who is on a 7 fight win streak until Kevin Lee stopped him, then he got reza and it was an exciting fight, then they gave him Rustam Khabilov. Who did parke piss off to get the ufc roster of underrated boring prospect killers, Then they cut him.

I honestly think and not being biased, Norman Parke got unfairly treated,
    1. Give him top level underrated fighters
    2. They have boring styles, lay and pray
    3. Both Tibau and Trinaldo split losses ( He def won one of them)
    4. Proceed to call Norman boring
    4. Said fighters subsequently get caught by USADA
    5. Cut from ufc

I think you are being a bit harsh on Parke here, He had a six fight win streak in UFC, I am counting Leonardo Santos as a win, Leonardo cheated the whole fight in Brazil held cage etc and then they deducted one point from Parke for him holding the shorts?? and called it a draw.
    Leonardo Santos went on to win his next 4 fights against, Escudero,tony Martin, Kevin Lee, Adriano Martins, So you can see how good he is,
    Then they gave Tibau ( Since banned 2 years) who has beat top level fighters with his boring drug inspired top game. Exact same scenario with Trinaldo, who is on a 7 fight win streak until Kevin Lee stopped him, then he got reza and it was an exciting fight, then they gave him Rustam Khabilov. Who did parke piss off to get the ufc roster of underrated boring prospect killers, Then they cut him.

I honestly think and not being biased, Norman Parke got unfairly treated,
    1. Give him top level underrated fighters
    2. They have boring styles, lay and pray
    3. Both Tibau and Trinaldo split losses ( He def won one of them)
    4. Proceed to call Norman boring
    4. Said fighters subsequently get caught by USADA
    5. Cut from ufc
    I do like Norman but I think I only ever liked his fights against Tuck & Kotani. Other than them he was a decision machine and Dana doesn't like them. It does take 2 fighters to have a boring fight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think Parke is a bit of a cock, but he is definitely underrated IMO. If things had gone differently, he could have easily been 6 or 7-0 in the UFC as he was robbed in a couple of split decisions.

The problem with Norman is that he's not very exciting (there's only been 1 finish in his last 14 fights), he complains a lot, and doesn't bring a huge fan base around with him even across Europe. All negatives for the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

davmol wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is on Eirsport?if it's live it should be on tomorrow evening but there is no listing on sky
    It's on at 10pm tomorrow on Eir Sport 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Anyone know Normans walkon music at this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Anyone know Normans walkon music at this event?

I don't know about this event, but he usually walks out to Jesus Piece by The Game. Try that. :)

Advertisement