Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 25: Redemption *Spoilers within*

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Just as an aside, those tattoos of the cross on a chain are just stupid. Conlan has the same one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Insane round :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Great stuff. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Briliiant!!!

Delighted he was saved by the buzzer there. We get to see another round anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Justin will give me heart failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Jaysus what a round! Mental stuff! Definitely like Diego!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Epic fight. This guy is money. Yeah, hes going to get knocked out at some point in the future.....but he is bankable. You are getting a brawl with him. Dana will love him.

hahaha, oh that was FUN!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

That was amazing. Absolutely brilliant. He reminds me a bit of GGG in boxing, coming forward relentlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Tip of the hat Justin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

JG what a machine, fight of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

That was unbelievable craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That was incredible.It was swinging back and forth! I was hoping MJ could hang on for the 20secs

MJ should have separated when he had him and not pushed him up on the cage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Johnsons Trainer would have stopped that if the bell went , gaetchje did well to climb onto the octagon and somersault after that haha, great entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Unbelievable fight. Gaethje definitely did as advertised, got in a brawl and finished his man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

One of my favourite fights ever absolute animal you have to sleep him to beat him absolute headcase will mentally break fighters while this run continues with that pressure, MJ never been finished with strikes.

Loads on Twitter calling for Justin to fight Tony Ferguson next. I can't even imagine the glory of seeing that....very exciting times :)

Him v anyone in that division is fireworks Barboza Alvarez Poirier Ferguson Chiesa Diaz, I'd genuinely fork out ppv fee to see any of them fights.

• Advertisement

Performances of the Night: Tecia Torres and Justin Gaethje

Fight of the Night: Michael Johnson vs. Justin Gaethje

100,000 Grand for Mr. Gaethje :)

He's just started here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just saw the main event there. Wow is all i can say, an absolute barn burner.

First time watching Gaethje (had only seen highlights of him before it) and he may very well be my new favourite fighter.

ricero wrote: »
    Just saw the main event there. Wow is all i can say, an absolute barn burner.

First time watching Gaethje (had only seen highlights of him before it) and he may very well be my new favourite fighter.

Honestly this is literally every fight of his. I genuinely thought elite strikers like MJ, Nate, Ferg, Conor would KO him but he's The Terminator!

He doesn't know any other way to fight. He gets rocked or dropped or does the chicken dance in almost every fight, shrugs it off and gets the win.

UFC struck gold signing him. I'm going to stick my neck out and say this time next year Justin Gaethje will be one of the top 5 most popular fighters in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

barbosa would be a great next fight for justin, if he can get through him I think he's ready for a top five guy...personally I don't think he would get through barbosa myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mailburner wrote: »
    barbosa would be a great next fight for justin, if he can get through him I think he's ready for a top five guy...personally I don't think he would get through barbosa myself

Barbosa is a top 5 guy

mailburner wrote: »

Michael Johnson that he just beat is a top 5 guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't have words for that fight, best piece of sport I've seen all year without a doubt though.

UFC would be stupid not to push the hell out of Justin now, he's can't-miss TV and would probably do good numbers if they gave him a title fight down the line (as long as there's a lightweight champ around who'll defend the belt). I know it won't happen but Nate vs. Gaethje would be an absolute dream fight for obvious reasons.

Fast track him **** it give him a go at Ferguson for the interim belt hes coming in as wsof 155 champion massive name now I'd have no problem with him hopping over Khabib.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Fast track him **** it give him a go at Ferguson for the interim belt hes coming in as wsof 155 champion massive name now I'd have no problem with him hopping over Khabib.

At least he can speak English (to promote a fight) and you can trust him to make weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ricero wrote: »
    Barbosa is a top 5 guy
    Michael Johnson that he just beat is a top 5 guy.

I Really need to look at the rankings before I post in future :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Great debut. What away to announce yourself to the top 5 of the LW division. If nothing else he will guarantee some great fights. Poirier or Alvarez would be a great match up for him.

I think though he would be found wanting against a counter striker like McGregor or someone as technical as Barboza. Even Johnson wobbled him a fair few times during their contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp I'm all aboard the GOAThje train. Conor takes him out in 1 round with his counters but I'd love to see him against Tony. If he wrecks Tony, which I could see him doing, they could build a nice 'Big' fight with Conor. Justin and Tony already going back and forth on twitter.

I'm beaming for JT, the definition of Redemption. Huge moment for him and huge cheque.

Raging for Tom. He's stiff and slow but he can get the choke as well so he's dangerous on the ground. Hope he gets another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I can't stand Jesse, but it definitely was a fitting way for the TUF Redemption season to end. A real redemption story. I would be astonished if we aren't reading out how he blew the money on alcohol and drugs within 12 months however.

That was a good season overall.

Who would have thought before the season aired that TJ would have done his reputation so much good and Cody is now largely disliked? I can't imagine you'd have found many people hoping that TJ would win their fight, but if asked now I think almost everyone will be hoping TJ wins. It's crazy how much damage Cody did to himself this season and TJ the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    I can't stand Jesse, but it definitely was a fitting way for the TUF Redemption season to end. A real redemption story. I would be astonished if we aren't reading out how he blew the money on alcohol and drugs within 12 months however.

That was a good season overall.

Who would have thought before the season aired that TJ would have done his reputation so much good and Cody is now largely disliked? I can't imagine you'd have found many people hoping that TJ would win their fight, but if asked now I think almost everyone will be hoping TJ wins. It's crazy how much damage Cody did to himself this season and TJ the opposite.

That seems to be the theme of tuf, it made people hate rousey & JJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So TUF 25 winner, Jesse Taylor, has popped for clomiphene and has been banned for a year. The only surprise is it took Jesse 3 months to blow it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/13/16472374/usada-suspends-jesse-taylor-one-year-for-positive-drug-test-for-clomiphene
    From comeback story to drug suspension in three months.

USADA suspended Jesse Taylor one year for testing positive for anti-estrogen agent clomiphene in an out-of-competition drug test, the UFC’s anti-doping partner announced Friday. The failed drug test stemmed from a sample collected Aug. 22. Taylor was subsequently pulled from a UFC Sydney fight with Belal Muhammad in November.

In the release, USADA stated that Taylor had accepted the suspension, which was the maximum for the prohibited substance. Clomiphene is not approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration for use by males and “promotes the secretion of testosterone,” per USADA.

“Increasing testosterone, especially when combined with strength training, has been demonstrated to increase fat-free mass, muscle size, and strength in males, potentially leading to performance enhancement in sport,” the USADA release stated.

Taylor, 34, is eligible to return to the Octagon on Sept. 13, 2018, provided he remains in the USADA drug-testing pool.

Taylor (31-15) won The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption by beating Dhiego Lima by second-round submission in July. It was an incredible comeback story for Taylor, who was pulled from the TUF 7 finals in 2008 after a drunken night in Las Vegas and lost his only UFC fight thereafter.

The well-traveled Taylor, a San Diego resident, went on to fight for promotions like Strikeforce, Dream Cage Warriors, KSW, World Series of Fighting and many more before getting another shot on TUF earlier this year.

Interestingly, as it was an out of competition test it doesn't effect the result of his latest bout, which was the $250,000 prized TUF Finale against Lima. Lima reckons the only test they had was the old-style piss test :eek:
    “For our fight, he knew our anti-doping would only be a normal pee test,” Lima told MMAjunkie. “So he must have done a cycle for that. And then, one month later, he flunked with a post-cycle drug. Of course he was taking stuff to fight me.”

Must be a tough one for Dhiego to take especially with such a prize at stake.

• Advertisement

Ah, that suxks!!! He ruined the fairytale ending. And yes, Lima must be so pissed off, can't blame him at all.

Advertisement