Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 116 Fight Night rockhold v branch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont come into a thread after the fights claiming you backed a winner, nobody cares stop looking for a pat on the back theres a gambling thread for pre fight fancies try using it goodnight.
    Who are you to tell someone what to do ya pillock. I was expressing my happiness at what I thought was a win. As stated in one of the comments above, aftertiming is allowed in this thread. Why in the name of fuck would I make up lies about winning a bet to impress strangers on the internet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Who are you to tell someone what to do ya pillock. I was expressing my happiness at what I thought was a win. As stated in one of the comments above, aftertiming is allowed in this thread. Why in the name of fuck would I make up lies about winning a bet to impress strangers on the internet?

firstly nobody said you were lying about the bet, and aftertiming is not allowed in the forum full stop, its annoying and good karma that you lost your dough will teach you next time to not come on after a fight bragging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

firstly nobody said you were lying about the bet, and aftertiming is not allowed in the forum full stop, its annoying and good karma that you lost your dough will teach you next time to not come on after a fight bragging.
    Expressing happiness isnt bragging. Only a miserable prick like yourself would actually be happy at someone else losing a bet. Piss off

Mod Edit: Banned for a week..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Expressing happiness isnt bragging. Only a miserable prick like yourself would actually be happy at someone else losing a bet. Piss off

:) Made my day now have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Tapping to strikes must be the rarest of the rare. Can't remember many doing it in the UFC for as long as I've been watching. I hadn't noticed him tap either, I thought the ref had jusmped in of his own accord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    BET 88

oam sub and round one 9/1
    oam sub and round two 12/1
    smith ko and round two 7/1
    smith ko and round three 14/1
    rock sub and round one 6/1
    rock sub and round two 17/2

12x50c doubles
    8x 50c trebles
    pp

I just can't help myself with this one, looks good on paper to me :o
    Fuck me, Branch tapped to the strikes. Balls. :mad:

Holy fcuk had this down as a loss, the mercier sub would have got me over 1k but that's 71.25 I was pretty sure I didn't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just finished watching them back now. Not a great card in fairness. Hall looked like a total bum until the winged the overhand, he's a gatekeeper and nothing more.

Perry looked his usual reckless self, ate some big shots before getting the knee. I reckon Robbie would ruin him but it could be a war.

Main event, I thought it would be easier for Rockhold before the fight. After the first I thought Branch was going to take it, looked at the time left on the video file at the start of the second and realised it was ending soon and honestly thought Branch was going to catch him in the pocket and finish him, then once I saw Rockhold get the hands together for the body ock and get the takedown I knew that was the end of it, Rockhold's top pressure and control is elite level, it's impossible to get him off you. Long time since I saw someone tap the mat due to strikes but it's the right call by Branch, he knew it was going nowhere but him going to sleep anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Tapping to strikes must be the rarest of the rare. Can't remember many doing it in the UFC for as long as I've been watching. I hadn't noticed him tap either, I thought the ref had jusmped in of his own accord.

I'm never sure if I imagined Shogun tapping to strikes from Jones, or if the ref stepped in first.

Jesus lads, take a breath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

I like him as a fighter but Rockhold has no personality at all, awfully cringy in his post fight interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

xtal191 wrote: »
    I like him as a fighter but Rockhold has no personality at all, awfully cringy in his post fight interview.

He's an insufferable gob****e.

Bisping's "shut the **** up buddeh, I just knocked you out, you're suspended" to him was one of the best put downs of any fighter in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Not a rockhold fan tbh

Like watching him fight but he seems to be a massive dick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

He's an insufferable gob****e.

A gamebreds not that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Didn't realize you could be submitted due to strikes.

That's my something new learned for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The event is on 3e tonight at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I wonder how far usman can go?

There doesn't appear to be many holes in his game but the ww div is pretty stacked
    gunni could be an ideal opponent for him next time

Advertisement