Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Days of Christmas Market

Options
  • 14-12-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Has anyone been to the '12 days of christmas market' on Georges Dock yet?
    Any reviews good or bad?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LickLickLick

Yeah, it started on friday i think :)
    I was there last year, It's a nice enough thing to go to, wouldn't be a must but it's a nice christmassy atmosphere :)

Was there Sunday.

It's a great atmosphere, will really get you into the spirit of christmas! A nice mug of mulled wine and a roast pig roll to get you going.

I didn't actually buy anything except lunch and mulled wine but there are nice gifts to be bought too.

It's definitely worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Yep - deffo woth a visit. Those hot pork rolls are awesome - nice change from a soggy sambo from the Spar! Really nice Christmassy atmosphere - gets better after 4pm when it starts to get dark and the lights go on.
    Seems to be way more stalls than last year and some really quality stuff like reindeer hides that a Finnish guy is selling - might have to go back down and get one for the mother-in-law for Christmas!:)
    Will bring the kids down at the weekend - they have an old helter skelter and carousel there again that my kids wouldn't get off last year (ok, I wouldn't get off it either;))!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Definitely going to pop down there after college..hopefully i'll find some presents there although they'll probably be out of my price range..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Bajingo wrote: »
    Definitely going to pop down there after college..hopefully i'll find some presents there although they'll probably be out of my price range..

Not at all - they have stuff to suit all budgets. I got loads of things for less than a tenner - even sorted out presents for the kids teachers!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 eleanoroosevelt

I was there at the weekend, lovely idea whoever organized it should be proud its really great. lots of festive spirit, mulled wine, a beautiful market. Dublin really needs more things like this, there were so many people there on sunday and a really positive atmosphere. Great for anyone who has kids, best after dark when all the lights are on full display.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 guinnessfan

Thanks for the replies!

Going to head there so over the next few days!

Advertisement