Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PTSB (Go rewards) 5 euro & explore account cashback

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Removed limit also applies for June per PTSB site.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Libera wrote: »
    Removed limit also applies for June per PTSB site.:)

Indeed it does. Im well on my way to getting more in cash back than fees for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭sonyvision

For June aswell?

Great i got 20:40 for May ha!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭ooter

when does the cashback show on your statement, spent over 30 twice this week but nothing on my satement?

Earned 24,60 for the month of June

• Advertisement

Not been continued into July. So I think I'll take the money and run. Earned €38 for June. Do AIB still do a free current account if you pay an AIB mortgage out of it each month? More people divorce in Ireland every year than change bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

Are you including the 2% mortgage cashback in these amounts guys? Without that you're unlikely to ever break the 6 euro except for the odd month when they throw out the 5 euro cashback on supermarkets. Am I missing something?

DM1983 wrote: »
    Are you including the 2% mortgage cashback in these amounts guys? Without that you're unlikely to ever break the 6 euro except for the odd month when they throw out the 5 euro cashback on supermarkets. Am I missing something?

Not on the 2% cashback but PTSB seem to charge €6 a month across their various current accounts in fees. With this particular account you can bring that down to a €1 a month. The cashback offers on supermarkets etc. have been pitiful for the last couple of years.

No, I only have a current account and savings account with TSB.

That 24,60 was earned from transactions @10 cent each.

sonyvision wrote: »
    No, I only have a current account and savings account with TSB.

That 24,60 was earned from transactions @10 cent each.

I was wondering was it something like this. How did you run 246 10c transactions in a month?!

Hilarious. I love it!

• Advertisement

I was wondering was it something like this. How did you run 246 10c transactions in a month?!

Hilarious. I love it!

Topping up my Revolut and tranfering the cash back haha.

Used to do the same from my KBC credit card and they gave 1%! So top up €1,000, transfer it back to current account. Into savings account for 50 days then pay of the credit card balance of €990 (1,000 - 10 cashback reward). They copped on so doesn't work anymore but still get 1% back from tescos shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

What's the cashback in July?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭A Law

I used to do the revolut trick to make sure I earned the €4 or €5. In the last couple of months however, I've only been able to deposit 15€ three times and then I have to input the code I get by text from ptsb for verification. Makes it not worth the effort for 10c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭A Law

bailey99 wrote: »
    What's the cashback in July?

Back to normal for July

sonyvision wrote: »
    Topping up my Revolut and tranfering the cash back haha.

Used to do the same from my KBC credit card and they gave 1%! So top up €1,000, transfer it back to current account. Into savings account for 50 days then pay of the credit card balance of €990 (1,000 - 10 cashback reward). They copped on so doesn't work anymore but still get 1% back from tescos shopping.

Hat tip to you sir 🀣

I used to do the revolut trick to make sure I earned the €4 or €5. In the last couple of months however, I've only been able to deposit 15€ three times and then I have to input the code I get by text from ptsb for verification. Makes it not worth the effort for 10c.

Been doing the same but any money even 10c taken from a bank is money well earned in my view.

Trick there is wait maybe 30 minutes. I was doing at as I thought of it, which is why I got 246 and not 300!.

I just make sure every month to get the max 5 euro. I have a circle K fuel card which used to give 4c a liter off (think it has dropped to 2c cent) but again it was an explorer reward.

Mostly I like having a few bank accounts incase there is any issues with cards etc but hate paying fees!!. Nearly as much as m50 tolls 😅

So my costs for a TSB account is (12 euro a year) as I max the 5euro reward.

KBC is free lodge over 2k a month

EBS money manager account (this is just free with no requirements but they don't have an app)

Revolut, which came in great for prague, saved a fortune on exchange. Saved a good few bob with UK share dealinga, the company I used wanted to charge me 25 GBP plus 1.75% fee for international transfers (used the revolut details and the transfer was free!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

Utilities would often allow you to pay any amount online, so you can quickly get your 50 transactions by paying in small chunks.

Advertisement