Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tue Apr 28th 830pm Comlcilles The Full Irish

Options
  • 24-04-2015 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully a game this week

Al - in
    Calvin - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - out
    Craig - in
    Damo - in
    Dave
    Derek - in
    Ed
    Jack - in
    John
    Keith - in
    Ken - in
    Kieran - in
    Mark - in
    Reece
    Sam - in
    SteK
    SteMcd
    Adam (CH/CM)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

baptism of fire for the new guys, tough game against a long time opponent

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Who drew with Ball Alley last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm out again for this week, should be back fit and ready next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Roy Keane on Spurs sums up this game for me

“Me and Alex Ferguson, we had the same type of traits, of what Manchester United was about. I think that probably created the problems towards to the end. We almost knew we were coming to the end.”

Keane, whose United career ended following a controversial interview with the in-house TV station MUTV, recounted one particular pre-match team-talk which reflected Ferguson’s ability to read the mindset of his players. “I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk,” said Keane. “It was Tottenham at home. I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll ****ing do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham’, and that was it. Brilliant.”

We know what tfi are about they kick and moan are very physical but aren't great

Good squad availability will be the key here

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Al - in
    Calvin - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - out
    Craig - in
    Damo - in
    Dave
    Derek - in
    Ed
    Jack - in
    Keith - in
    Ken - in
    Kieran - in
    Mark - in
    Reece
    Sam - in
    SteK
    SteMcd - In
    Adam (CH/CM) - In

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Picked up a knock lads so won't make it tomorrow night.
    Hopefully fit again next week.

Al - in
    Calvin - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - out
    Craig - in
    Damo - in
    Dave - Out
    Derek - in
    Ed
    Jack - inj
    Keith - in
    Ken - in
    Kieran - in
    Mark - in
    Reece - Out
    Sam - in
    SteK
    SteMcd - In
    Adam (CH/CM) - Out

• Advertisement

3-3 draw.

went 1-0 and ended up leading 3-1.

Played very well in the 1st half, excellent work by Ken on the left wing for the 1st goal.

Should have pushed on and killed the game off in the 2nd half but they scored quick enough and we didnt make the ball work for us.

Craig first game back in a couple of seasons and Mark new player, so lets take the result with that in mind.

Another tough game next week.

As expected though.. Derek on fire when theres no offside :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Agree with all that Keith. Very disappointing result after being 3-1 up but not sure we really deserved the win overall - especially on the basis of our 2nd half performance. That's not the first time we've done a really good job against the wind in the 1st half only to find ourselves on the back foot in the 2nd half even though we have the advantage.

Individually I thought everyone had a decent game but as a team we struggled in the 2nd half. We can chalk that up to 1st game of the season rustiness and the fact that we had a few new players getting used to each other and to their position. Also the conditions made the kind of football we like to play difficult. Anyway, as long as we push on, this result shouldn't hinder us too much.

On the positives, our first goal was very well worked and Derek fished us another two goals with great work.

yeah, some super goals, especially the first and second.

and a great yellow from murtagh at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

though both of my goals were interceptions from an onside position :P

On the game a point is fair based on the second half BUT considering we were 3-1 to accept this is as a fair result is bad in itself and shows how shocking we were in the second.
    Onwards and upwards i suppose but TFI will not be the best we will come up against and we will need to up our games.
    Solid yellow from murtagh

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Being harsh on oursleves in the second half. Two ****e goals they got, flukes really. Ball didn't really fall for us. Derek immense. Vice captaincy having an impact? They were lucky to get a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Definitely a lot we can improve on but took our goals very well alright. Thought the conditions were actually worse than the majority of games we played over the winter which seemed to make us a bit more hesitant than usual.

Great save by Sam in the second half from my strike, was sure I had my first boards goal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I thought we worked very hard in the first half and we got what we deserved from it. We were expecting the second to be the easier with the wind but it wasn't the case. Derek you were lethal so well done on the two goals.

Let's remember we were missing keys players and we had 1 sub, they had 3/4 as far as I could see so that helped them in the second half. The 7 a side last week was my first game in a year so I'm very rusty but I enjoyed the few bits of play we got going in the first half. We badly need a ball winner in the centre of the park, because we don't contest kick outs especially in conditions like that. I'll hold up my hand up and say it's always been a weak part of my game anyway but I hope we have people coming back that can do it. One of the main sources of goals from when we won the league came from using the flanks and having the full backs pushing up constantly with cover from the wingers when this happens. I felt we were very deep tonight and Derek became isolated, he got his goals out of nothing really.

Overall I think we should stay positive and we'll be fine when we have more players turning up.

Advertisement