Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

greetings wrote: »
    I'm starvin,reckon I'll get one the fiver deals from Just eat.

Website did my head in, so we paid €22 for the 2 of us for something else last night. One of the places on Just Eat had a €6 delivery charge too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

L'prof wrote: »
    Website did my head in, so we paid €22 for the 2 of us for something else last night. One of the places on Just Eat had a €6 delivery charge too!

I'm attempting to order one the chinese ones,but I've been waiting for the confirmation for about the last 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Flew back from the States this weekend in a packed plane, and now have a cold. Goddamn shared air. Watching that Tom Cruise movie Knight and Day didn't help my health either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have been flat out doing a new website the last few days, its a affiliate website so really basic but finally got it online, hopefully i can make some cash out of it so i can get a professional to design a cutting edge gambling site with forums and tipster sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

im your man,well not quite yet but thats what im studying,web design.,
    my brother has his own web design business as a second job,he works for apple down in cork in that department and is constantly undating their site...hes done about 10 sites for professional businesses,including car dealerships,contractors and the like.
    if your interested let me know..

btw whats the name of your current site..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

coughlan08 wrote: »
    im your man,well not quite yet but thats what im studying,web design.,
    my brother has his own web design business as a second job,he works for apple down in cork in that department and is constantly undating their site...hes done about 10 sites for professional businesses,including car dealerships,contractors and the like.
    if your interested let me know..

btw whats the name of your current site..

What course are you doing and where?

Doing a computing degree myself, think I'll leave it after the 3rd Year and maybe do a web design course or Comptia A+ course.

im in UL, the name is "MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS AND SECURITY",aka web design..but first year is an absolute disaster to be fair..
    was tlking to some 2nd years and they said it gets interesting in year 2..

its very broad minded atm,a lot of java,netbeans and the like..very hard..
    im struggling tbh..:o

Cheers, wont be doing the website until after xmas but thanks, will p.m you nearer the time.
    I dunno if im allowed to say my website here:confused:

im in UL, the name is "MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS AND SECURITY",aka web design..but first year is an absolute disaster to be fair..

I must be the most retarded person in the world when it comes to computers.

You've managed 3k+ posts here, you're better than most!

• Advertisement

i dont no why im bothered over this but this,"Post of the day" thing is starting to piss me off..
    have a look at todays,he got post of the day and what he said was complete bullcrap,(later discovered in the same tread,)..:rolleyes:

L'prof wrote: »
    You've managed 3k+ posts here, you're better than most!

Sorry,apart from turning them on,using the internet and turning them off.:pac:

Sorry,apart from turning them on,using the internet and turning them off.:pac:

I was the same mate, its only since i got broadband and a laptop that ive learned a lot.

i dont no why im bothered over this but this,"Post of the day" thing is starting to piss me off..
    have a look at todays,he got post of the day and what he said was complete bullcrap,(later discovered in the same tread,)..:rolleyes:

Meh, rarely even look at it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Think Im the winner here. Never used one in my life. When I was in school they wouldnt even allow us use calculators :-(
    Edit: just watching Irelands smartest kids programme on RTE atm and I think Im better off the way I am :-S

Java is boll*cks, that's one of the main modules in my course.

If you're struggling start using The New Bostons tutorials, they're quality. http://www.thenewboston.com/?cat=36&pOpen=tutorial

Java is boll*cks, that's one of the main modules in my course.

If you're struggling start using The New Bostons tutorials, they're quality. http://www.thenewboston.com/?cat=36&pOpen=tutorial

You're very employable with Java qualifications though.... just saying. Most places I've worked at are crying out for them.

8-10 wrote: »
    You're very employable with Java qualifications though.... just saying. Most places I've worked at are crying out for them.

Meh. If you know one language, you can pick up another one quite easily.

What was it yesterday? I never look at them,mostly stupid responses from After Hours.
    God I hate that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I love when you wanted to go big on a bet but miss the kick off or whatever and then you find out it lost. Got stuck in traffic and missed the 4pm kick off for the Zenit game. I was gonna throw 100 on them to win. But just got in and see that they are losing 0-3. I was cursing the traffic all the way home because i thought they would be winning and i missed it. God bless motorists.

• Advertisement

I love when you wanted to go big on a bet but miss the kick off or whatever and then you find out it lost. Got stuck in traffic and missed the 4pm kick off for the Zenit game. I was gonna throw 100 on them to win. But just got in and see that they are losing 0-3. I was cursing the traffic all the way home because i thought they would be winning and i missed it. God bless motorists.

God bless bad motorists.God curse bad ones when the bet wins.

Finally back to winning ways on the horses, could have been a lot nicer if my 16/1 horse didn't come 2nd.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Not been able to access my GMAIL account for the last 15 hours or so :@ Anyone else having a problem?

Not been able to access my GMAIL account for the last 15 hours or so :@ Anyone else having a problem?

Tis working for me.

Cue Card running in the grade 2 novice at Cheltenham tomorrow.

Gah! I took the handicap draw in the Ravens game (Falcons -6.0) at 10/1.

Falcons are 21-20 down with 27seconds to go....and they score a touchdown, I go wild! 21-26 and they just need to score the field goal conversion to win me my bet with 20secs on the clock.

They decide to go for a 2 point conversion instead. End up failing and win by 5 pts. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Got to love Bet365. Backed Dave's Dream @3/1 in the last at Cheltenham. He went off 100/30 and I was expecting that price. Turns out they're paying out the best price after 10am on any winners on BBC or C4 this month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

8-10 wrote: »
    Gah! I took the handicap draw in the Ravens game (Falcons -6.0) at 10/1.

Falcons are 21-20 down with 27seconds to go....and they score a touchdown, I go wild! 21-26 and they just need to score the field goal conversion to win me my bet with 20secs on the clock.

They decide to go for a 2 point conversion instead. End up failing and win by 5 pts. Not impressed.

Ouch.

Got to love Bet365. Backed Dave's Dream @3/1 in the last at Cheltenham. He went off 100/30 and I was expecting that price. Turns out they're paying out the best price after 10am on any winners on BBC or C4 this month. :D

Love bet365. Power's need to get their act together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Has anyone ever tipped the bookie staff after a fairly decent win before?

(I mean a total of €10-€50 only.)
    Just wondering if that might 'soften the blow' a little bit and stop them banning me.

I'm not a proffesional gambler just a flukey €50 bet on a 66 'ish'/1 Rugby and football acca today .
    I loose and have lost plenty in other bookmakers in town but i won a similiarly flukey 40/1 acca (€50 stake) in this same bookie three weeks ago .
    Obviously this particular bookie seems to have a certain 'charm' for me so i don't want to get banned as i can't seem to win anywhere else! (even if the staff especially the manager are on a whole ... cold and unpleasent)

P.s. I'm not aftertiming here guys (... I hate aftertimers) just a serious question as i havn't collected yet.

P.S. ( I don't win very often.)

Advertisement