Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost after builders finish

• 14-03-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

we've just been quoted for a standard builders finish for a 2000sq ft dormer. We're happy with the price and realise there is still a lot of work to be done. What i'm wondering is how much would you spend on the following:

Fitted kitchen
    Finished floors, tiled and wooden
    2 en suites
    2 bathrooms, (one small with just shower and toilet), one large with toilet corner bath and shower
    Painting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭secman

Kitchen €10k min
    Finished Floors anything up to €10k, if not doing it your self
    On suites and bathrooms min €10k to include supply and fit
    Painting min €2k to cover supply and labour

Probably safe to say min €35k to allow for contingencies. But it all depends on spec of course.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Eh, sorry no help on prices myself.
    Do you mind me asking how mych you paid per sq foot for a standard build? Im in the process of drawing up plans myself.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

youngfella wrote: »
    Hi,

we've just been quoted for a standard builders finish for a 2000sq ft dormer. We're happy with the price and realise there is still a lot of work to be done. What i'm wondering is how much would you spend on the following:

Fitted kitchen
    Finished floors, tiled and wooden
    2 en suites
    2 bathrooms, (one small with just shower and toilet), one large with toilet corner bath and shower
    Painting

Good luck with your build. We're coming to the end of ours now.

For a lot of your finishes, it really depends on your taste and budget. For instance, you can pay any money you like for floor tiles, from around €16/metre to over €100/metre depending on what you fancy. Same with wash hand basins.. the contract grade basin is only €36. I went for vanity units with basin on top for 10 times that amount! Shop around, decide what you like and then do your shopping list/budget comparison.

Our kitchen is costing around €14k for cream high-gloss with curved doors, an island and quartz counter top. (It's being installed on Tuesday.. I can't wait to see it in real life!)
    Tiled floors were €21/metre for the polished porcelain tiles and €18/metre for tiler
    Loos were €400 each
    Vanity Units around €400 each
    Bath is €1,000 with whirlpool jets
    Quadrant shower tray & door €450
    Paint was €500 for inside
    Painting was €2,800 for inside (excluding doorframes and skirting)

Advertisement