Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Height of screed

Options
  • 08-03-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Meeting electrician on Monday to mark for chases but am wondering how high is the screed for the ground floor and first floor? We are putting in UFH upstairs and downstairs so I need to get the height for the screed so I know the height to put the light switches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

The standard depth for screed is normally 75mm, but if you are looking for a quicker response from your UFH you can reduce it if you use special screeds which are stronger. I think you can go down to around 40mm, but I am no expert !

To state the obvious you will also need to allow for the height of the insulation under the UFH.

b.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

As far as i understand it.

A. CONVENTIONAL SCREED MIN 75 MM
    B. EASY SCREEDS ETC MAX 50 MM

I am sure this will be corrected if i am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So it should be 5 inch screed downstairs and 3 inch of screed upstairs then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

depth of screed depends on screed material , not screed location

75mm - sand and cement
    40mm - easi screed - costs about double

you must place insulation immediately below screed if placing UFH in screed

suggested min

- 100mm ( 2 x 50 mm layers pu ) at ground floor with 25mm pu at screed edge
    - 50mm at first floor with 25mm pu at screed edge

height of switches - between 1000 and 1200 - screed depth not critical for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭DA-LAD

What should the screed be made up off? Sand and cement only what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joey1

bakerbhoy wrote: »
    As far as i understand it.

A. CONVENTIONAL SCREED MIN 75 MM
    B. EASY SCREEDS ETC MAX 50 MM

I am sure this will be corrected if i am wrong.

Easy screed is only of a name of a company, the screed is a <another company name>, you will get more info on the product on <unrelated> web site, i used a company <> think they also have a web site, i do know that the screed has to be 15mm above the pipe, and the pipe i used was 20 giving a total depth of 35mm, which worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

joey1 wrote: »
    Easy screed is only of a name of a company, the screed is a <another company name>, you will get more info on the product on <unrelated> web site, i used a company <> think they also have a web site, i do know that the screed has to be 15mm above the pipe, and the pipe i used was 20 giving a total depth of 35mm, which worked fine.
    You're correct that easy screed is a company nameucts (but it refers to a number of different companys that offer similar product), but then the one you posted was also a company. And the website was unrelated.
    We don't allow that kind of searchng and advertising

35mm is used not because it is the cover needed over pipes, it is because it is the min depth of a calcium sulphate floatinf screed.

Advertisement