Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Dryer to Buy

Options
  • 05-07-2020 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Old dryer packup up was a condenser dryer, looking to replace and i know the Heat pumps are now an option

any advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://euronics.ie/product/miele-freestanding-7kg-tumble-dryer-tdb220wp/ (from a local electrical outlet, not Euronics)

I bought this last year, there was a money back offer at the time, so was refunded €100 a few weeks later.
    Worth every cent.

I know there are cheaper models that others might recommend, but I wouldn't swap this for anything.
    I usually give the clothes an extra spin or 2 before using the dryer.
    There's been no increase in my electricity bill, which is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Melbury

I bough a Bosch heat pump dryer a year and ago and am happy with it. Takes longer than a 'normal' dryer but always faster than the estimated time on the machine. I do find that you can't mix very different fabrics e.g if I mix something polyester that dries very quickly, the machine stops before the cottons are dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

What are the electricity savings like with a heat pump dryer over a condensor dryer. I never heard of them until this thread I see your average condensor Dryer is classed as a "B" and these Heat pump dryers seem to be "A" Plus.
    Does the extra drying time negate the electricity savings I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

I bought a Bosch condenser dryer in the end, the 3.5 hours for a heat pump dryer to dry clothes was putting me off for the amount of time we use the dryer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

tech wrote: »
    I bought a Bosch condenser dryer in the end, the 3.5 hours for a heat pump dryer to dry clothes was putting me off for the amount of time we use the dryer
    How's the Bosch going for you? Which model did you buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

Got the Bosch wtn83200gb Series 4, flying along no hassle so far, 2 year warrantry so happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

tech wrote: »
    Got the Bosch wtn83200gb Series 4, flying along no hassle so far, 2 year warrantry so happy enough!
    Just starting to look for a dryer myself. Head spinning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

If one is A and one B energy then sounds like the heat pump won’t actually save much electricity? Especially if it’s running longer?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know, an A++ will use half the electricity of a B rated machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Are heat pumps drier better at drying clothes?

like can I dry stuff straight from the washing machine in a way that probably doesn’t work so well with a condenser dryer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Hi, i changed from a condeser dryer to a samsung heat pump dryer back in jan. It will dry a full load in about 2hrs, it doesnt nuke the clothes like the condenser, it doesnt soak the room with condensation, and is v quiet. Highly reccomend.

Advertisement