Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talkytoaster

Options
  • 19-06-2020 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭

Hi folks!

Bought a Garmin gps during the week and I am considering loading it with maps from Talkytoaster. https://talkytoaster.me.uk/

Has anyone here used these maps for hiking in Ireland and are they any good? For what it's worth, I plan to use my gps in conjunction with a traditional map and compass, and I have completed Mountain Skills 1 and 2.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Enduro

Have used it as my primary map on a garmin in big events in Britain. No problems whatsoever, and can't beat the value for money! Would have no hesitation to use it here (I rarely need to consult a non-paper map in Ireland)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Just downloaded that directly to my Garmin......pretty detailed alright.
    Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks folks. Think I’ll go with them so. They are far cheaper than the maps from Garmin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I just downloaded the FREE version......seems fine.
    As pointed out above, I'd be primarily a "Map n Compass" man. Use my eTrex for Waypoints......in case :pac:

Advertisement