Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage process and Covid 19

Options
  • 13-03-2020 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Is it likely that banks may start delaying issuing underwritten AIPs, loan offers or mortgage drawdown for customers to see how the Covid 19 crisis develops over the next few weeks and months? Or at present normal timelines will continue? I presume if staff are working from home this will understandably have an immediate impact in this regard. More generally they may be more reluctant to lend to better safeguard their medium term liquidity until the scale of the crisis becomes clearer.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The banks will have more to worry about than issuing mortgages for the next few weeks and months. There will be many business customers in serious difficulties, they may have issues with their own staff falling victim to the virus and they will have two take care that their own capital position remains intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dec2020

Does anyone know if there is a loan offer extension available due to Covid? I have a loan offer signed (valid for 6 month)sand contract signed and my house is still being built and would be ready in time. It will be just outside the 6 months, probably around 7 or 7 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Dec2020 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a loan offer extension available due to Covid? I have a loan offer signed (valid for 6 month)sand contract signed and my house is still being built and would be ready in time. It will be just outside the 6 months, probably around 7 or 7 1/2.

It’s hard to know now since Covid as banks change their policies beforehand. But I have heard of banks extending the loan offer by a month especially for new builds when close to completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dec2020

Thank you for that.

Has anyone drawn down a mortgage recently with BOI? What do they ask for before draw down? How many payslips and bank statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whiskey_sour

Dec2020 wrote: »
    Thank you for that.

Has anyone drawn down a mortgage recently with BOI? What do they ask for before draw down? How many payslips and bank statements?

Haven't drawn down yet but hopefully soon! We've been told they'll need our most recent payslip and another months bank statement

• Advertisement
Advertisement