Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechatronics L7 sligo It

Options
  • 09-06-2020 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I am starting mechatronics in September and just looking for some advice. I have just started looking over some maths in preparation for the course as I am not great and haven't done maths in years. What is the layout of the course? Also how intense is the course and any pointers on what I could be looking into now? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LV-426

Unless course changes radically you will not have maths until year 2. I am starting year two in September.

Also the maths will be calculus

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dand88

LV-426 wrote: »
    Unless course changes radically you will not have maths until year 2. I am starting year two in September.

So the work I am putting in now is more than likely pointless as the maths will not be fresh in my head come next year. Have you any recommendations on what to do now to prepare myself for sep? I have not done college before but am willing to put the work in. Is there lectures you can obtain in the first year to just tip away it over the year to prepare you for second year? And what part of the first year did you find most difficult? Thanks a mill for the quick reply

No harm in tipping away at the maths as you will not be in the form for it at the end of year 1. Perhaps familiarise yourself with programming basics such as if else statements, while loops, for loops etc

No harm in tipping away at the maths as you will not be in the form for it at the end of year 1. Perhaps familiarise yourself with programming basics such as if else statements, while loops, for loops etc

Cheers I will start looking in to that also, and how full on is the course? Just trying to gauge how much time it takes up as I work shift in a data center and have 3 kids another one on the way due December... Yes timed well 😂

• Advertisement

Similar situation to myself, 4 kids and on shift. Won't lie it's not easy, it consumes time and is hell around exam time particularly Christmas as exams are in January so your crimbo is fecked. Check out PLC programming as well. Good night

Similar situation to myself, 4 kids and on shift. Won't lie it's not easy, it consumes time and is hell around exam time particularly Christmas as exams are in January so your crimbo is fecked. Check out PLC programming as well. Good night

Will do thanks a mill for the above definitely helps ðŸ‘👠anyone else wanting to add it would be much appreciated

Advertisement