Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

'Restaurants' don't have to close so Hooters is suddenly a restaurant!

To be fair, Hooters has always called itself a restaurant chain.

My flight to Chiang Mai next month seems to be cancelled but Qatar Airways have yet to inform me of this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Typical, a few days after booking the world goes into lockdown.

I know its August but doubt it would happen TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Ignoring the intelligence of the OP (all that way across the world to go to one of it's most beautiful countries just for 5 days on the lash? For fúcking real?) ...

I think it'll be interesting to see how soon Thailand opens back up to tourists again. I've read that Tourism accounts for 20% of their GDP, but I've spent 9 weeks in the place in various locations and there's no way it's just 20%, it feels closer to 50% on some of the islands

Similarly, 65% of Bali's GDP depends on Tourism (according to one source I read), there's no way they'll survive too long with closed borders

Ignoring the intelligence of the last poster where I responded a few days later saying I'm now actually going for 7 nights, if I can do it why not, I'll try fit in a few days sightseeing for you.

If I like it I'm sure I'll be back for the scenery.

I got it for the price of a week in spain so I'd rather thailand than costa del sol wouldnt you?

Anyway in typical timing a week later the whole world imploded so doubt I'll be going anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

fitzparker wrote: »

I got it for the price of a week in spain so I'd rather thailand than costa del sol wouldnt you?

Costa Del Sol is more your pace and standard to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Also, Phuket is the cesspit of Thailand (IMO).

You obviously haven't been to Pattaya!!

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Costa Del Sol is more your pace and standard to be honest.

Thanks internet friend. I'll try get my friends to meet me there rather than thailand. All because I'm not more appreciative of the nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 irishhombre

4Ad wrote: »
    Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand..
    Phuket has beautiful places, Bangla Road is awful though..

100% agree....Pattaya is a dump, in fact a thai person will think less of you if they know you go there.

Phuket is fantastic, some terrible parts like bangla rd, but when you are in the mood for a mad night out Bangla is the best.

Best italian restaurant in the world is in phuket, its called Crust.

Also, check out the east coast of the island around the marinas...there is a little restaurant in the Boat Lagoon that does the best lamb curry in the world on a tuesday.

Advertisement