Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVRT - already a camper on book, looking for camper conversion documents

Options
  • 02-03-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks,

Long time creeper on this forum, first time poster. So bear with me!
    Bought a van derived camper last year - 2004 motorcaravan fiat Ducato on the book, and CVRT tested as a camper for the last two years in Ireland.
    Interior was tatty so I decided to do a refit, and in the midst of the refit the CVRT came up for renewal. Thought it a good idea to get it mechanically sound ( and sort any welding) before the interior went back in. A friend of mine put his through in the same situation a few months back no problem, so I decided to go ahead.
    The tester came back and said he couldn’t test my van because “the system” was looking for my camper conversion certificate/documents before he could proceed.
    Stuck between a rock and a hard place here, do I need to get a new conversion report or what is my best option here, try a different test centre with the rear built back into camper fully and hope for the best?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've never had issue with the test centre looking for conversion documents. I'm not even aware of what an official conversion document is, the engineer's reports are to do with VRT rates for revenue?

I would just go to a different test center as it is now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Alkers wrote: »
    I've never had issue with the test centre looking for conversion documents. I'm not even aware of what an official conversion document is, the engineer's reports are to do with VRT rates for revenue?

I would just go to a different test center as it is now

Wont the same issue now be logged onto the computer, regardless of where he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

kadman wrote: »
    Wont the same issue now be logged onto the computer, regardless of where he goes.

I don't believe so. If you log onto CVRT you can see whatever documentation / queries have been raised for your vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Second time I had mine tested it hadn't been recorded correctly in the NVDF, the test center sorted it.

On the subject of going to a different test center. I did that a couple of years ago because I disagreed with the assessment of the tester on what constituted stuctural rust.

The guy at the second test center said 'Why did you change test centers? What are you trying to hide? Huh? Huh?' and before I could explain he laughed and said that fella is an awful b*ll*cks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

I got asked on my last test (dec 2019) having not been asked on the previous test. Luckily, I had my certificate of conversion (from the SQI) to scan and email in... as I converted it

No idea what to do in your case? A fresh SQI TEST?

But how would that work... if it’s already legally a camper? You’d be doing an SQI report that is not going to be forwarded to anyone...

Best call the RSA in Galway to advise you.

New test centre is NOT going to help you as they will be accessing the same ‘system’

Stupid fecking red tape!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 tomo247

Thanks a million for all your replies folks, annoying how much variance there is between test centres. Rang the previous test centre that tested it (Donegal), and the gent of a man on the other side end said, it was coming up in the system that there was no documentation on record, but once it’s a camper on the book that’s all they need and test it anyway.
    Going to try a different test centre at the end of the week and hope for the best, or I may make the trip up to Donegal 😂.

Advertisement