Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the bank request more docs before drawdown?

Options
  • 09-12-2019 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering will the bank asked us for updated documents such as payslip before drawdown, we have signed the letter of offer and submitted it back to the bank let just say that the drawdown is 4 weeks away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

we weren't asked for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

They shouldn't unless you're approval expires before you drawdown

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They might - if you're thinking of changing jobs on the QT or similar, don't! I had a probate delay of a few weeks and had to provide an updated payslip; and they asked for consent to check my bank account again (same bank) which is the same as providing updated statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Totally depends on the bank and how much time has passed. BOI did ask me for an updated payslip and then more recently, KBC did not.

There is no hard and fast rule, but generally the longer its been from your original application to draw down, the more likely they'll ask for fresh paperwork.

They are within their rights to ask though, so as other posters have said, you'd be unwise to change your circumstances.

Advertisement