Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange 2 - (Incl. Captain Spirit prequel)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't mind episodic content when it's one a month but anything over than is dodgy, especially for something so story heavy. When ep 5 comes out, there will have been a gap of over 1 year and 2 months, ridiculous.

If i do get this at the sale price, I'll be waiting til December anyway. I really enjoyed ep 1 so looking forward to playing the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Final episode releases today. It releases at different times all over the world. I think it releases here at 5pm.

Final episode releases today. It releases at different times all over the world. I think it releases here at 5pm.

I bought it on US store a couple of months ago, waiting for the last ep to release before playing. Looking forward to playing through it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I bought it on US store a couple of months ago, waiting for the last ep to release before playing. Looking forward to playing through it.

Same here, probably will go through them all next week hopefully one episode every day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Same here, probably will go through them all next week hopefully one episode every day

One episode per day is the way to go.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    One episode per day is the way to go.

Yeah I remember each episode from the first game being at least 2 to 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I played the first episode but honestly I got bored of it when their Dad ask you to look for a wrench or something. I really enjoyed the original Life is Strange but this didn't grip me. I've not bought any of the other episodes but I will track down a few reviews now the season is nearly over.

Finished episode 4 last night and thought it was much better than what went before it but yeah still not a patch on the first game. I honestly wasn't able to sit and get through any of the first 3 episodes in one sitting.

Finished episode 4 last night and thought it was much better than what went before it but yeah still not a patch on the first game. I honestly wasn't able to sit and get through any of the first 3 episodes in one sitting.

Any idea how long each ep took ya?

From how long to beat, it seems each episode is around 3 hours long

• Advertisement

3 hours on average I'd say, 4 max. Though ep 4 definitely felt shorter than the others but maybe that was due to it being more straight forward with less running around.

EDIT: The reason for not doing some of them in one sitting was attention span, and just not feeling it.

Finishing up Outer Wilds tonight and then will be lashing into this. Seems to be getting good reviews since all episodes are out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I honestly wasn't able to sit and get through any of the first 3 episodes in one sitting.
    I started the first episode last night and completed it a short time ago. I though I would never see the end of it to be honest.

Finished episode 2 last night, seemed to go on a bit, definitely better as i already played Captain Spirit. Touching on some deep aspects but the Captain Spirit stand alone game was waaaay better than the whole of episode 2.

As for some decisions.
    I called Lyle from the house knowing full well the consequences but she has been the best character in the game so far so the more interaction with her, the better.
    Feel bad for not gaining Chris's trust to get more info about the dad and also not prying more with the dad as the Erickson's have a very interesting backstory.
    I read it's possible that Chris can get knocked down at the end, Jesus glad my ep didn't come to that.

Gonna try finish the rest a bit quicker.

A few times now I've went to start ep 3 and played something else instead. It's kind of been the opposite to LiS 1 where i want sure of the first ep but was then hooked from 2 on. With this one, i really liked the first ep but it's not grabbing now at all. I feel like I'm being punished for being too good a brother and if i left Daniel to it a bit more, the game would be more interesting but ending might be worse.

I think this story might be better told of it had no choices (kinda goes against the series) but reading about ep 2, it had way more interesting story points if you were a bad brother which leads my motivation to be the end game but it's hard to look that far ahead.

LiS 1 had a really great story no matter what you chose in the episodes where it wasn't very obvious where the choices would lead where as LiS 2 is either let Daniel use power or don't.

Really, the only reason i want to push on atm is because i read there are familiar faces in ep 5 and i just want to see some link to the first game.

Finished ep. 5 last night. The last 2 episodes are much better than the first 3 as they are pretty much linear and a bit shorter and to the point.

For the final choice I decided to
    break for the border and for some reason Danial decided to jump out of the car
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

All done, ep 5 was decent, possibly the strongest in my opinion,
    bit of nostalgia thrown in from the first game, I guess it depends on that choice how it plays out for others.

Overall, I found the story / journey to be only OK, I don't know, maybe it tried to take on too many current/topical issues, but it lacked that hook that first game had for me. I found the characters hard to engage with too, Daniel was annoying at times and Sean's constant depressing tone became a bit nauseating after a while. I do feel for Sean though, the dude is a punch bag for whatever life threw at him.

For the final choice
    I made a drive for the border until Daniel decided to hit the eject button. What bugged me was him shouting he wont hurt anyone anymore, which was strange, as I had played the entire game as the good brother role, trying to get him to not hurt anyone. So I don't quite understand what that was about.

They added the function to skip scenes mid last year, I did it myself in Ep 1 when I replayed it for collectibles. I think it was L1 but can't remember fully.

https://twitter.com/lifeisstrange/status/1126450221226057728?lang=en

Went back to this last night and started Ep 3. Found it boring and struggled to get into it. I read Ep 5 has a link to season 1 and it's the only thing motivating me to push on but tempted to play Become Human instead.

Went back to this last night and started Ep 3. Found it boring and struggled to get into it. I read Ep 5 has a link to season 1 and it's the only thing motivating me to push on but tempted to play Become Human instead.

Yeah I found Life is Strange 2 drags a bit during certain episodes . Honestly I found Detroit much better

• Advertisement

Yeah, downloading Detroit at the moment, hoping it will be installed for tonight. I loved Heavy Rain so dunno why i didn't give Detroit a proper go.

As for this, i read the ep 5 link to 1, sounds nice and already feel like just replaying BtS and season 1 instead of finishing this. Will get back to it someday.

My friend interviewed Gonzalo Martin (Sean) recently and made me finally want to finish this. Went back and finished ep 3, was a struggle as i just didn't like ANY of the camp characters. Great ending though. Flew through season 4 and that's definitely a step up. From one great scene to the next and another great ending. Looking forward to starting and finishing ep 5 now.

As for ep 4 ending:
    I had the choice to shoot Lisbeth or have Daniel move her out of the way. I kept thinking if i ask him to do it and something bad happens her, he'll be more ****ed then he already is so i shot her. Turns out only 3% chose that. I read that Daniel can kill her and move her safely depending on morality so I'm fairly sure she'd be alright if i have the nod but still wouldn't want to chance it.

Advertisement