Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Condenser dryer Kitchen/Dining area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

We have one in our kitchen/dining area & the only issue is it can be a little noisy. Other than that nothing else noted. One thing I'd say though is that one you've linked is a lot more expensive than ours. Think we spend about €150 on it in PowerCity 2 years ago & it's a decent brand & good quality. Maybe have a look at their website or DID as Argos can be pricey for electricals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

Thanks for advice Witchgirl and I will definitely shop around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

We ahve one also as no vent available. Find it excellent, no complaints apart from it stopping drying when the condensor is full of water and you have to empty it. For example a large load of towels would proably stop 3/4 of way through and need to be emptied but other than that just as good as a vented one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

Good to hear, thanks Meme - was wondering if there is much maintenance with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have one and find it great. I have a very good spin cycle on my washing machine so I find that the condenser does not get full mid run as the clothes are not overly wet going in. I don't find it anymore noisy that any other dryer. I have had mine for a number of years and other than emptying the condenser and cleaning out the lint filter there is no real maintence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The condenser unit needs to be taken out periodically and any fluff rinsed off it too. And it may be a bit slower than vent dryers.

Some condenser dryers rely on gravity and have their water tank near the floor, under the condenser unit.

Others have a pump which will pump the water up to a tank at the top of the appliance, similar to where the detergent drawer is on a washing machine. The latter would make it easier to empty without having to get on all fours to grab the tank!

Some of the pumped ones also have the pipe running up the outside of the dryer so you can disconnect it from the top and have it piped out a drain directly.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The condenser unit needs to be taken out periodically and any fluff rinsed off it too. And it may be a bit slower than vent dryers.

Some condenser dryers rely on gravity and have their water tank near the floor, under the condenser unit.

Others have a pump which will pump the water up to a tank at the top of the appliance, similar to where the detergent drawer is on a washing machine. The latter would make it easier to empty without having to get on all fours to grab the tank!

Some of the pumped ones also have the pipe running up the outside of the dryer so you can disconnect it from the top and have it piped out a drain directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would echo the above comment about getting one with the tank on the top. We have a Zanussi one with the tank on the bottom and it's a bit of a pain.

They can be a little noisy, and ours gives off a good bit of heat.

That one seems a little expensive, it looks nice though.

Advertisement