Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Integrated dishwasher issue

Options
  • 04-08-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭

I have an approximately 7 to 8 year old Whirlpool integrated dishwasher.

This evening it has developed an issue where the lights on the top of the door will go out when I close the door, so effectively the dishwasher will not come on. When I open the door fully the lights come back on and I can select the program.
    It may be a lose connection in the door?

Does anybody have any idea how much this may cost to repair, or should I just go ahead and buy a new one?

Comments

It sounds like a loose or broken wire between the door control panel and the main dishwasher, if you're handy with a soldering iron it should not be that difficult to repair.

Too minor a fault to replace the entire unit imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭McGrath5

So I took the front panel of, and turns out a wire had popped out of the control panel.
    Tightened it back up and now its working away perfectly. :D

Advertisement