Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oven advice please

• 09-11-2013 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

We have a zanussi built in twin oven . And myself and my wife have always believed this oven hasn't worked correctly since the day we got it. It cuts out , all display goes off like its over heated .

We know 2 other people with same oven and when we've had pizzas for example at their house the quality of the cooking seems so much better. Of course it could just be we suck when it comes to cooking ;0)

Anyway we've had this cooker 6 years and it got a new element a year and half ago , we told repair man of our problems. He fixed oven and problem carried on as usual .

It seems now element has gone again, fan going around but no heat. Everything els on oven works . I'm wondering if thermostat is faulty , ( I don't know if this was changed year and half ago) my dilemma is do I order a new thermostat and element and fix it myself cause cash is tight. I've seen videos and it looks within my capability .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Quite often when i here this type of complaint its simply down to the customer not actually having the control set on the correct fan oven setting on the selector switch, are you sure you have it on correctly ?? check the instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

zanussu zdf range have a fault in the time clock . it shuts down completely and intermittently , clock goes totally blank, nothing happens . then comes back on . appears like its an overheat problem but it's a fault in the clock assembly
    changed about 5 of them on the zdf this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Have you taken this up with Zanussi Ireland? Might be worth following up with full documentation of the timeline of issues. Check whether there is any point going to small claims court and threaten Zanussi with that if the problem is not resolved.

dixiefly wrote: »
    Have you taken this up with Zanussi Ireland? Might be worth following up with full documentation of the timeline of issues. Check whether there is any point going to small claims court and threaten Zanussi with that if the problem is not resolved.

best of luck proving a timeline and a fault ,will cost you more in the long run
    costs about €150 to rectify the fault .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

As for time frame, the legal minimum across the EU is two years but in Ireland under our Statute of Limitations you can make a claim for a faulty product up to six years after purchase. In relation to that time frame though bear in mind the expected life span of the product and general wear and tear issues.

• Advertisement

- who is going to say the fault was in the appliance from manufacture or a manufacturing defect ?
    how can you prove this ? .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I think the fact I've had cooker serviced/ by a repairman other than a zanuss agent will pretty much finish any threats to take them to small claims court.

Thanks anuprising for the info regarding the clock issue .

Does everybody think job is easy enough to do myself?

Advertisement