Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shop that delivers, disconnects old and connects new gas cooker

Options
  • 26-02-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I need to replace a gas cooker. Does anyone know of a shop that will deliver a gas cooker to North County Dublin, disconnect and take away the old gas cooker and connect the new one.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I expect that RGIs earn more than delivery van drivers/helpers so I doubt that any shop offers such a service.

You need to engage an RGI independent of the shop and try to schedule the delivery time so that you have him/her on the spot and the old cooker disconnected and ready to go when the new cooker arrives. The delivery van will take away the old cooker under the recycling regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bmd1000

Thanks Coylemj. I suspected as much but was hoping for an easy way out of the logistical headache of having everyone there at the right time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Best way is to find out if the store can schedule their delivery truck so you are the first drop on a particular day, then have an RGI in the house in time to disconnect the old cooker and swing it out onto the floor ready for removal.

Like charter flights, the later you're scheduled in the day, the more likely there will be delays so see if you can get delivery first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bmd1000

Just a quick update in case it helps anyone else out. I bought new gas cooker from Currys in Airside, Swords. They arranged for disconnection /installation. Delivery, disconnection of old, installation of new and taking away old cooker cost €130. DID Swords also have a guy they recommend and can arrange the same service as above, think he charges about €110.

Advertisement