Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerprint point matching in Ireland

Options
  • 27-03-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hiya,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how many minutiae points between two fingerprints must match for a positive identification in the Republic of Ireland?
    I've been scouring the internet for an answer and haven't found anything conclusive so any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hiya,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how many minutiae points between two fingerprints must match for a positive identification in the Republic of Ireland?
    I've been scouring the internet for an answer and haven't found anything conclusive so any help would be much appreciated!
    I'd say it wouldn't be far off the international standard, whatever that is. These kind of things are usually learned through international college courses so unless there's some sort of shortfall in the equipment used in Ireland, IE: It can only do a certain amount of points, I'd say it the same as everywhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

See Fingerprint Section of Garda Síochána for more information on Ireland.

Advertisement