Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Domestic Drying Cabinets - Any experiences

• 03-03-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I'm in the process of planning a redesign of my home.

Currently we have nowhere out of the way to dry Laundry so we use clothes horses in the kitchen and any available radiator in winter (also Autumn & Spring....it is Ireland). I hate both, I don't want to do either. Tumble drying is not really a viable option, shrinkage, cost etc....

So as the title states "Domestic Drying Cabinets - Any experiences" or has anyone done anything else clever?

Comments

I put up a clothes line in the turf shed if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 David_Chain

we've bought drying cabinet 2 years ago. now I understand that we had to buy a little bigger at the size. after a huge wash or washing linens, we still use clothes horses at the balcony

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

we've bought drying cabinet 2 years ago. now I understand that we had to buy a little bigger at the size. after a huge wash or washing linens, we still use clothes horses at the balcony

What exactly did you buy and where? Do you still use it?

I'd say there would be capacity issues here from time to time, but it would still cut back on day to day rad/clothes horse use.

Could go this direction for the extras
    http://www.ecofan.ie/?page_id=80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if you have the space put in a concrete base the same as if building a shed and with wooden uprights up to wall plate height, use clear prespex sheeting on the roof and down from the top for about 4 feet, fit a few adjustable level clothes lines, if its raining only the breeze enters and if you have sunshine the sun comes through the roof, my neighbour constructed one like this and it is better than any dryer with no running costs

• Registered Users Posts: 8 David_Chain

davidm20 wrote: »
    What exactly did you buy and where? Do you still use it?
    Peko. Yes we use it, but not always

• Advertisement
Advertisement