Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I need a job done around my House Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭phog

kilburn wrote: »
    It's a wider than normal entrance so I am kind of caught if I go standard gates they would come in too far and wouldn't clear cars

Another option is you could try two gates, but hinge them in the middle as well so they'd fold back onto each other when opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

phog wrote: »
    Another option is you could try two gates, but hinge them in the middle as well so they'd fold back onto each other when opening.

OP, Try Active Technology in Shannon, excellent reputation locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

Anyone recommend electrician to fix electric gates? Only one gate is opening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Entonces wrote: »

As above, Active Technology

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Where in Limerick are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

tweek84 wrote: »
    Where in Limerick are you?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Anyone recommend a reliable roofer with honest pricing that will actually turn up after calling them ?

Have a broken roof tile !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

coxy123 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation! Leaking gutter at rear of my house that needs fixing. Would welcome any recommendations of people who are reliable. Don't like heights either.

Did you get a recommendation at all? I have a gutter that drips where it meets the neighbour's system, been quoted mad money (600+) and told scaffolding and all needed for what looks like a simple enough patch job to my totally untrained eye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

BobMc wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a reliable roofer with honest pricing that will actually turn up after calling them ?

Have a broken roof tile !

Had WKS sort out a roof tile for me recently after the 2 storms, the 2 lads came and had a quick look the first day, came back the next day and sorted within a half hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

electricians don't fix gates you need an electric gate company
    gated have all typed of electronics and most electricians don't study electronics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    electricians don't fix gates you need an electric gate company
    gated have all typed of electronics and most electricians don't study electronics

A good electrician will fix your gate no problem, electronics is part of the college training for an electrician. Most electric gate companies employ electricians for maintenance and repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Looking for a carpet fitter to cut/trim an existing carpet to fit a bigger entrance in attic as we had the stira replaced with something bigger.

It's a really small job if you have the tools and experience - probably going to make it all the harder to get someone to do it for us. Any tips appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any recommendations for gutter cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

L-M wrote: »
    Any recommendations for gutter cleaning

I used Boss Cleaning Services earlier this week. Gutters and windows cleaned for 70e. Which I thought was good value. Did a good job too.
    Google will get you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

I'm looking for someone to build in storage/shelves in the sitting room. Anyone have a recommendation?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Any recommendations for someone to check a gas connection, its from a bottle to an indoor hob. obviously need someone registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looking a replace a small perimeter fence and gate at the side of the house any one have any recommendations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Looking a replace a small perimeter fence and gate at the side of the house any one have any recommendations ?

Aurie timber products on Facebook excellent work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I used Boss Cleaning Services earlier this week. Gutters and windows cleaned for 70e. Which I thought was good value. Did a good job too.
    Google will get you his number.

Thanks for the recommendation. Didn’t even meet him, sent the Eircode, priced it, did the job and then sent me a link to pay. Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Any recommendations for someone to check a gas connection, its from a bottle to an indoor hob. obviously need someone registered.

Daniel O’Donnell. You’ll find his number in the book, he’s located in Kincasslagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Anyone recommendations for someone to repair a cross trainer in Limerick? Machine is creaking like crazy on one side and nothing we're doing is fixing it.

We'd wait until after lockdown but its literally vital for himself's bad back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Anyone recommendations for someone to repair a cross trainer in Limerick? Machine is creaking like crazy on one side and nothing we're doing is fixing it.

I had the same issue. Its sweat that build up around the joints.
    If you go to Woodies or a hardware place a can of grease and sprayed all the knuckles and joints.
    It could also be a bearing too but try the greasing above.

yop wrote: »
    I had the same issue. Its sweat that build up around the joints.
    If you go to Woodies or a hardware place a can of grease and sprayed all the knuckles and joints.
    It could also be a bearing too but try the greasing above.

We tried greasing all the joints but it seems like somethings off kilter (could be the change in weather) and no amount of foot leveling is helping, even tried taking the arms off and reattaching in case something was loose but still have the same creaking on one side.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

We tried greasing all the joints but it seems like somethings off kilter (could be the change in weather) and no amount of foot leveling is helping, even tried taking the arms off and reattaching in case something was loose but still have the same creaking on one side.

Could be the internals then. Wonder if they are belt driven. Sorry of no use.

So turns out the issue is one of the welded joints on the bottom of the frame is coming away.

So any welder recommendations that can do house calls welcome (the machine is way too heavy to be transported without professional help).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Any recommendations for:

1/ An electrician to replace the timer on the heating system and to move a light fitting about 18 inches ?

2/ Someone to service an old alarm system, at a minimum the batteries need to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Cossax wrote: »
    Did you get a recommendation at all? I have a gutter that drips where it meets the neighbour's system, been quoted mad money (600+) and told scaffolding and all needed for what looks like a simple enough patch job to my totally untrained eye

Sorry for delay, no didn't get sorted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

jonski wrote: »
    Any recommendations for:

1/ An electrician to replace the timer on the heating system and to move a light fitting about 18 inches ?

2/ Someone to service an old alarm system, at a minimum the batteries need to be replaced.
    TK alarms serviced my old alarm and replaced the battery last year. Very helpful and appropriately judgy about builders installing alarms en masse in housing estates back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 geraldo1982

jonski wrote: »
    Any recommendations for:

Jamie O'Sullivan is extremely good always shows up and is good value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm looking for someone to put additional insulation on a vaulted ceiling in our sunroom. Also looking to drop a vaulted ceiling on the opposite side of the house and again to add better insulation there. Plus some other woodwork.

Any recommendations on a builder that would do this? Thanks.

Advertisement