Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episode IX starts filming this summer!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Star Wars nerds, had time travel ever been a thing in the old Expanded Universe?

It's such a bonkers theory, I kinda want to see it. It'd be a glorious mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

pixelburp wrote: »
    Star Wars nerds, had time travel ever been a thing in the old Expanded Universe?

They kind of did time travel in Rebels. Which is canon.
    The main guy gets access to a portal into the world between worlds. Sort of a portal into the force. In there he hears all kinds of voices (We know to be quotes/clips from all the films including rogue one and force awakens) and there’s the all these portals he sees out into different times and events past and future.
    Palpatine is trying to get access into this world between worlds (he doesn’t on the end) so it’s not time travel but it kind of is.
    Doubt it will ever happen onscreen.
    Red letter media did one of their dumb videos this week suggesting as much so they could retcon last Jedi. And of course all the clickbait sites are running it as news.
    You’ll never see time travel in Star Wars I don’t believe.

Here’s the clip. It’s actually really cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They kind of did time travel in Rebels. Which is canon.
    The main guy gets access to a portal into the world between worlds. Sort of a portal into the force. In there he hears all kinds of voices (We know to be quotes/clips from all the films including rogue one and force awakens) and there’s the all these portals he sees out into different times and events past and future.
    Palpatine is trying to get access into this world between worlds (he doesn’t on the end) so it’s not time travel but it kind of is.
    Doubt it will ever happen onscreen.
    Red letter media did one of their dumb videos this week suggesting as much so they could retcon last Jedi. And of course all the clickbait sites are running it as news.
    You’ll never see time travel in Star Wars I don’t believe.

Yeah, I asked because the red letter media video was literally the post before mine :) I like their candour TBH, they feel more honest than most talking heads on YouTube and less eager to cultivate controversy or clickbait. Your mileage may vary of course (and wouldn't agree with them on a lot, such as Discovery, but Mike is a huge Trek nerd).

Time travel in SW though feels... like a slippery slope, especially if as you're saying it's technically canon. Magical time travel though, yeesh. Personal preference but "magic" is best left out of Star Wars, beyond keeping it an abstract "Force". But then that ship is sailed...

Yeah, I asked because the red letter media video was literally the post before mine :) I like their candour TBH, they feel more honest than most talking heads on YouTube and less eager to cultivate controversy or clickbait. Your mileage may vary of course (and wouldn't agree with them on a lot, such as Discovery, but Mike is a huge Trek nerd).

Time travel in SW though feels... like a slippery slope, especially if as you're saying it's technically canon. Magical time travel though, yeesh. Personal preference but "magic" is best left out of Star Wars, beyond keeping it an abstract "Force". But then that ship is sailed...

The above video is the closest they’ve come. It won’t happen on the Big screen.

(I didn’t see the RLM video above your post haha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Keeping this thread in sync..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Advertisement