Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepsi vs Coca Cola

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

was always always a Coke man but in the past few years , Pepsi Max every time

Pepsi Max for me, especially the cherry and ginger flavours.

cherry coke is the devils spunk

pure evil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    cherry coke is the devils spunk

pure evil

I'll never forget the shock I got after trying a doctor pepper for the first time, I expected it to be some sort of refreshing cola style drink but id of been better off drinking my own piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sometimes I'll drink Pepsi to feel what it is like to be a peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

A bottle of cadet coke youd get with your sausage special from the chipper of a friday evenin when ye were younger!

Vague memories of cadet cola. Was it about 30p a bottle while coke was 50p a can. And it was 250ml?

• Advertisement

A bottle of cadet coke youd get with your sausage special from the chipper of a friday evenin when ye were younger!

I thought Cadet was stink on its own but was the perfect compliment for the auld chipper. Good times.

I think if its with Sugar, coke is nicer than Pepsi.

But if it is sugar free, then Pepsi max reigns supreme.

Pepsi Max > Coke Zero > Diet Pepsi > Diet Coke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Can't split Coke Zero and Pepsi Max, both excellent. Regular Coke is slightly better than regular Pepsi. Diet Coke is better than Diet Pepsi but both the diet drinks aren't as nice as the other four.

Would agree with a previous poster on the Pepsi Lime, it's delicious. Pepsi Mango is also great to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

AMKC wrote: »
    Don't forget Dr Pepper. It's around nearly as long as Coca Cola and longer than Pepsi

We can certainly forget Dr. Crapper and his horrible concoction. Manky stuff.

I'm a huge coke drinker. Used to drink gallons of the regular stuff back in the day. Never found Pepsi even close in comparison. For weight reasons, I changed to Coke Zero for a while, and it was grand but wasn't the same as regular coke. I changed to Diet Coke then at some point and never looked back. An ice cold can of Diet Coke is the business, but only if it's from Ireland, the UK or Pakistan, the rest of them are horrible variants of the best ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,547 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Pepsi

• Advertisement

I'll never forget the shock I got after trying a doctor pepper for the first time, I expected it to be some sort of refreshing cola style drink but id of been better off drinking my own piss.

have yet to sample same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

have yet to sample same

I'd recommend not to, but I also appreciate curiosity. Make sure to have chewing gum or something to get rid of the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

go on the coke

I remember the first time I had Dr. Pepper when I was in England and I was so excited as I'd seen it on TV but never in the local shops.

It, most assuredly, tastes worse than piss. I've drank freshly squeezed piss, and I'd definitely take a can of it over Dr. Pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Cadet.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

Whichever one that will be served from a can or glass bottle is the best. I don't buy plastic bottles at all, it loses taste. I'll drink both but usually only buy regular Coke or Coke Zero.

I find Coke much nicer as a mixer with Jameson or Rum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Pepsi Max

Cherry coke
    Dr pepper
    Pepsi original
    Coke original

Everything else is ****

have yet to sample same

Considering your heathen view of cherry coke, best stay ignorant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Could a case be made that Dr. Pepper is better than both, if not the best of them all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

DS86DS wrote: »
    Could a case be made that Dr. Pepper is better than both, if not the best of them all?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 28,900 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Vanilla or cherry coke, all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Coke and Pepsi are the same thing

Coke and Pepsi are the same thing

Or quite clearly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Or quite clearly not.

Here’s a decent article on the differences:

https://www.mashed.com/222254/the-real-difference-between-coke-and-pepsi/

Although, I should point out, we don’t have the Coke with the high-fructose corn syrup in it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

To add to this debate.

7up -vs- Sprite -vs- Mountain Dew

Fanta -vs- Club -vs- other orange drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Personally prefer Coke. Pepsi has a weird, cheap aftertaste.

Strangely, Coke Zero tastes like Coke even more than Coke does! I always know im drinking a Diet Coke but the cliche is true- there really is no difference between Coke and Coke Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

You should have Diet Pepsi instead of Diet Coke, It's much better. It's fizzier. It has a cleaner taste. It mixes better with rum and has a lower sodium content.

Freeway zero is the job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The only one that does not contain artificial sweeteners aside from sugar is Pepsi. Every other cola contains either only sweeteners or a combination of sweeteners and sugar.

Advertisement